• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photograph of a man's soul

A

Anonymous

Can anyone help with a photo I remember seeing years ago. It was of a guy lying in bed who had been photographed supposedly at the exact moment of his death. There was some weird spiral thing in the photo which seemed to be coming from his forehead and the suggestion was that it was his soul leaving the body.

Has anyone elase seen it/ have it so that I can see it again? Was it a fake? It's driving me mad thinking about it.:confused:

I'm not sure if I've seen the one you're talking about. Is anything like the BS on this page?:

http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.html

How many of those pics are truly strange? 1?

It seems that a lot of people need some remedial classes on Lens Flare 101.

I'm a basic 'aim and click' type of photographer, but I must agree Ogopogo, but see what you mean. And the 'faces' in the TV, one looks like Capt Kirk and the other, one of the muppets. We only have the word of the photographers that the TVs were not switched on. And many other photos look like wishful thinking to me . . . .

Carole

There was a hammer house horror movie about catching the soul of a dead man on film this photographer would go too the hangings of criminals and then photograph them as they there hanged.

ufonerd said:
There was a hammer house horror movie about catching the soul of a dead man on film this photographer would go too the hangings of criminals and then photograph them as they there hanged.

..called "The Asphyx", 1972. Basic premise was a person's asphyx took the soul at the point of death (hence asphyxiate: to remove life): if you could capture the asphyx the subject would become immortal.

Not a bad film as I recall. Shows up from time to time on late night terrestrial TV: worth a look definitely.

C4 Docudeadary

I remember that film, it was some kind of Egyptian thingy that came after you as you died?

Anyhow, does anyone recall seeing a program about capital punishment? I think it was on Channel 4 and was all about putting people to sleep, but there was a bit in the documentry that showed a guy who had a very old Electric chair and was doing it up for some reason (going to a museum or summit). Anyway, he took a photograph of it and when it was developed, you've guessed it, somebody was sat in it! Both he and the documentery in general dissmised it as just 'odd', probably because it was going off of the subject matter, a little like me......sorry.;)

I thought the Asphyx was about proctology!

Sorry, being flippant again, I'll leave

Back