• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Practical Jokes

Screenshot_20210421-201321_Twitter.jpg

Having gone to a co-ed progressive boarding schools, the high jinx we got up to:

1) Putting a light-coloured washing-up glove, filled with red dye, on the skylight of the corridor then piercing it several times to allow the dye to slowly trickle down the glass. Wait for someone to pass below then tap on the glass ...
2) Pouring a bottle of red food colouring into the morning milk churns (before the kitchen staff fetched them) so that the entire day's milk supply was pink ...
3) Again, the addition of red food dye and shampoo into a toilet cistern turns the next flush into a scene from the Amityville Horror ...
4) Removing the screws - placed aside - from everything possible in someones room, and carefully replacing said "free" shelves, cupboard doors, bed etc. for the victim to return and set of a collapsing domino effect ...
5) The old Apple-Pie bed trick, even possible with duvets ...
6) Taking the metal/canvas chairs from a nearby classroom and quietly stacking them against someones room door for them to open in the morning. This one was done to me but, being a light sleeper I watched them doing it by peeking from behind the curtains. I gave it an hour, climbed out of my room window then carefully and equally quietly arranged them Stonehenge-style on the nearby common lawn. :)

And one when I worked in the post room of a well-known West End department store:

If staff didn't know how to operate the fax machine, we'd do it for them. Those that did know how to operate it would usually do so without reference to the 'read out' on the display. It must've come as a bit of a shock to those who read the screen when, on my last day there, I re-set the display language to Japanese. :)

Best one I ever witnessed was in uni Halls - our block was Media layabouts upstairs (including me) and Sports Science (rugby boys) downstairs.

The rugger lads were absolutely brutal to each other. The winning prank was waiting until one of their number had retired to bed drunk, then filling a full-size wheelie bin with water and leaning it against his door. So when he opened it in the morning.....

Back