• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Science, Not Superstition: The Nature of Ghosts ' - an artic

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Article

Dear friends,
I've concatenated two articles I've written on ghosts into one massive spiel, and I thought I'd be cheeky by asking for comments and suggestions (be kind, its only a preliminary draft!)
:D

Science, Not Superstition

Best wishes to you all,
Paul

Nicely written article. A good overall look at the subject and enjoyable read. Needs references tho or footnotes and a good proof read - a few iffy sentences/spellings.

I know you mentioned the guy from Coventry - is he the same person that was investigating the effects of the makeup of rooms on people's experience (i.e. what was shown on Tomorrows World a while back, with experiments in the Edinburgh catacombs I think). I think that would be another viewpoint to include and talk about.

Cheers ;)

Nice article- and true to Mr. Forte!
Quote: "But the actual fields required are so large it is highly doubtful that they could be produced naturally on the Earth."
The fields during magnetic storms can be extremely powerful, inducing large current flows causing electricity to flow in circuits that are isolated and even reversing currents, lighting tv's, vdu's up, etc. In Canada in the 80's the grid system was paralysed by a huge solar storm with "ghostly effects". http://www.spaceweather.com gives daily reports on solar magnetic activity. I don't know if anyone has tried to correlate this info with paranormal activity or events.

Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, it does require a bit of a proof read, but I wrote most of it in a hell of a hurry because I didn't want to forget any ideas (which were rapidly filling my overloaded cranium!)

I'm not sure if the guy from Coventry (Vic Tandy) has done any research at Edinburgh catacombs, though I know from the SPR he did look at one underground cellar which as making people feel "uneasy" and found infrasound to be the probable cause, though he couldn't determine the actual source. I think the person you're talking about is Dr.Richard Wiseman, who has been to Edinburgh.
Thanks also to the person who reminded me of the huge fields generated by ion/electrical storms. I had forgotten all about them!

With best wishes

Paul

interesting article

I wrote a long spiel about the article and connections to the 'God in the Brain' thread, last night. Unfortunately, my connection broke and I lost it into cyberspace.

So, tough. :(

Back