• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scream mask killer guilty

ted_bloody_maul

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Scream mask killer guilty

By SUN ONLINE REPORTER

Dressed in a white cloak and wearing a Scream mask, Heather Stephenson-Snell, 46, shot Robert Wilkie, 43, in the stomach with a sawn-off shotgun.

A jury at Manchester Crown Court found her guilty of one count of murder and one count of attempted murder.

Mr Justice Wakerley sentenced Stephenson-Snell to life imprisonment and said she would serve a minimum of 22 years for murder. The defendant showed no emotion when the verdict was read out.

On the night of Hallowe'en last year, Stephenson-Snell, of York, donned a Scream mask and a ghost costume and drove to Radcliffe, Manchester, to kill Diane Lomax, the girlfriend of her former lover.

The defendant had met former lover Adrian Sinclair when he responded to her advert in the Big Issue looking for a live-in dog-sitter.

She hired Mr Sinclair, a former stripper who appeared in sex videos, to look after her two Rottweilers and soon became involved in a sexual relationship with him.

But they later parted when Stephenson-Snell decided he was not suitable to look after her dogs.

When Mr Sinclair became involved with Ms Lomax, Stephenson-Snell became obsessed with him and bombarded the couple with abusive phone calls and death threats.

On the night of October 31 last year she drove to Ms Lomax's home in Radcliffe, concealing a sawn-off shotgun under her costume.

In an earlier hearing the jury heard how Stephenson-Snell had taken shooting lessons, worked out escape routes, devised disguises and researched her intended victim's home.Part of her plans, which were contained on hand-written index cards found by police, included an operation to frame Mr Sinclair for the killing.

Stephenson-Snell was knocking on the door of Ms Lomax's home when next-door neighbour Robert Wilkie came outside to see what the noise was and tried to pull off Stephenson-Snell's mask.She shot him at point blank range in the stomach and he died almost immediately.

Police stopped Stephenson-Snell as she drove along the M62 towards her home in York and found a bloodstained sheet and a shotgun in her car.

The defendant, who claims her father wrote the novel The Wicker Man and was a British spy, had denied the charges of murder and attempted murder.

Mr Justice Wakerley said Stephenson-Snell, a psychotherapist, suffered from a personality disorder.

He described her as a self-dramatist who had an exaggerated expression of emotions and was always seeking to be the centre of attention.He added: 'Your lies were breathtaking and shameless and I note that you have shown absolutely no hint of remorse at what you have done.'You knew perfectly well what you were doing.'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004440503,00.html

This crazy woman worked as a psychotherapist????!!! :eek!!!!:

Self professed "psychotherapist", she had no formal qualifications

What a cinematic psycho! I was intrigued by the Wicker Man claim.

Anthony Shaffer, who wrote the script for The Wicker Man,
read a novel published in 1967 called Ritual by one David Pinner. It was
not acknowledged as the source and IIRC there was some muttering
about legal action but since neither film nor novel were big money-spinners
the issue was never settled.

A Wicker Man novelisation of the script was produced later by the film's
director Robin Hardy and credited jointly to him and Anthony Shaffer.

I have been unable to find anything on the Web to link the name Stephenson-Snell
with any of these three.

You see how things escalate. One day you are donning a Scream mask to
liquidate a rival and then you are on the slippery slope towards telling whoppers
about The Wicker Man! :p

PS: The Guardian has a piece in which Miss Stephenson-Snell is described as a
Canadian national and former leader of an all-female chapter of Hell's Angels. :eek:

sounds about right to me

I've known a few screwed up people who have gone into counselling/psychotherapy as a career.

There was a woman I met in prison who said she'd been working as a therapist, then she'd got into shamanism and then tried to stab one of her clients 'cos she realised the client was possessed by demons. They had to keep her in segregation otherwise she'd keep trying to attack other 'possessed' inmates.

Apparently a couple of the screws had demons in them too. Well that part isn't quite as hard to believe:D

I've known a few screwed up people who have gone into counselling/psychotherapy as a career.

My ex b/f and i were stalked by a woman he had tutored (if i had my way she'd have been tortured). She was a social worker working with children :confused:

bit like the case of the paedo luke sadowski - his dad was a child psychologist and his mum a social worker.:eek:

BlackRiverFalls said:
There was a woman I met in prison who said she'd been working as a therapist, then she'd got into shamanism and then tried to stab one of her clients 'cos she realised the client was possessed by demons. They had to keep her in segregation otherwise she'd keep trying to attack other 'possessed' inmates.

theripsits: they're not just there for the nasty things in life, they're there for psychotic episodes too :D

Back