• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

From Ravens To Corgis: Should We Be Afraid?

As every English child is taught that if the Ravens leave The Tower then we as a nation are doomed.

Is the lack of Corgi's going to bring a similar catastrophe?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
As every English child is taught that if the Ravens leave The Tower then we as a nation are doomed.

Is the lack of Corgi's going to bring a similar catastrophe?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

Dunno, the Ravens' wings are clipped so it's not up to them. Maybe Liz'll have the corgi stuffed. Nobody'd know, it's worked for Philip.

Anyway I've just read that 'er Maj is planning to abdicate in three years so Charlie can reign as Regent. This was on the same Important Breaking News page as a scoop about Prince Harry's Magic Ring though so it's anyone's guess.

Anyway I've just read that 'er Maj is planning to abdicate in three years so Charlie can reign as Regent. This was on the same Important Breaking News page as a scoop about Prince Harry's Magic Ring though so it's anyone's guess.
In an increasingly unfeudal society I suspect the last thing The Firm wants is their last shreds of legitimacy undermined by old jug-ear's blathering silliness, so he'll be lucky...some might say.

As an animal lover meself I could never take to Corgis somehow but I'm sure QE would miss them.

They're not a common breed, are they? In any sense. Even back when I kept dogs and walked them every day I don't think I met any.

In the fillum 2012 when the better-off people are taking their places in the Arks or whatever they are, an elderly lady in a mac and headscarf is seen hurrying along the rain-battered walkway.
We know who she is because she's brought her corgis....

Dunno, the Ravens' wings are clipped so it's not up to them. Maybe Liz'll have the corgi stuffed. Nobody'd know, it's worked for Philip.

I don't think it's in it for Liz to abdicate, she takes the job uber seriously. Until then, I think I can get away with posting the trailer for this new animation film coming out :doggy:

(the film makers are probably really pissed off about the timing of this news)

This is a funny thread. I am going to miss you guys, even if we have never met in person.
I've got a sudden urge to keep playing JM's "The End" and watch Apocalypse Now over and over. Not to worry AP - we may meet on the Other Side.

I've got a sudden urge to keep playing JM's "The End" and watch Apocalypse Now over and over.

I've been doing just this since I found out about the board!....well, maybe not over and over again....

If the Queen abdicates, her successor becomes Monarch. A Regent rules in place of a Monarch who wears the crown but is not able to perform her duties.

Elizabeth II has always said that she will not abdicate. She considers her oath to be a lifelong commitment. However, it is only to be expected that she will reduce her day to day commitments and expect Charles and the others to take on more responsibility.

While I have theoretical philosophical objections to the concept of a hereditary head of state, I have to acknowledge that the present Queen has conducted herself well, done her duty as she sees it, and been a better servant to the country than almost any elected politician has been. The hereditary process produced 66 years (so far) of a dignified and hard working British head of state. Democracy has produced some lousy prime ministers and, around the world, some appalling heads of state. (No names because I am not making a party political point.)

If the Queen abdicates, her successor becomes Monarch. A Regent rules in place of a Monarch who wears the crown but is not able to perform her duties.

Elizabeth II has always said that she will not abdicate. She considers her oath to be a lifelong commitment. However, it is only to be expected that she will reduce her day to day commitments and expect Charles and the others to take on more responsibility.

Yup, you're either a monarch or you're not. If it helps, I'm not.

Judging by all the nice posts you have had lately (and before!) you ARE the Queen of this board!

Your Majesty.
:curt:

Aww, thank you, how very kind! :)

I've gone all gooey now. :oops:

Yikes. We are in the middle of watching "House of Cards" re-runs here, so I can't possibly comment.

Back