• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

sighting over south shields

Durhamghostwhisperer

Junior Acolyte
I am just write to see if any one who may live in the north-east has seen or has heard of a sighting in the south shields area. This was told to me just the other day by a friend. It happened on Sunday 19th july about 12.15 a.m in the loction of great north forest on the old boldon collery site. The night sky was scattered cloud with stars visible. very bright yellowish white light passed over head moving from north west to south east. roughly 2000 ft high about the size of a jumbo jet (747)size. the light was steady and did not vary in intensity it was absolutely silent.
There were three airliners in pattern for newcastle, and jet noise could be heard from them as well as the wingtip lights and other beacons flashing on these aircraft.
The sighting lasted for about ten minutes. The light glided along for a few minutes on a steady couse before zig zagging side to side then resuming a straight course. The light dissappeared over teeside area into large cloud bank. it was far to low for low earth orbiting satellite and was not aircraft. dont thing it was space station as this does not zig zag? there was a lighting storm in progress over teeside and the light was heading for this. light has not been seen since. just wondering if the rest of you have any Ideas. thanks

oddthings in s .sheilds

a while ago myself and my girlfreind saw a very odd plane
it was at that pub ,at the bottom of the cliffs,we were in the car park
it flew very slow and low,with what looked like square engines and well a sort of mecano frame ,im no expert but how it could fly ?,i think ive made better planes out of paper
we had a nicon fm camera with us,we were trying to photogragh night scapes, but alough i shot a whole 36 exposure of this craft not one frame came out including some 2 to 5 mins expousure
nowt ,it passed that slowly.
even if the plane wasnt there i would expect to get something
orange lights ,stars,light house etc

Maybe it was a plane? Was there any other possible sources of light around e.g. lighthouses?

Maybe it WAS a u.f.o. we can never be entirelly sure.

the night in question was clear and cold
there is a lighthouse near by but this plane was about 100 feet up and going about as fast as a helecopter giving me enough time to shoot quite a few shots at very close range giving that there was alot of orange light iluminating it surly some kink of image would have shown up
it was a truly weird plane,if that was what it was.
its engines were square pods at the rear,in the same spot as an american war hog (a 10 tank buster)
but it didnt look like it would ever be able to fly it just looked like a realy crappy model plane with impossibley square well everything

Back