• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Signs From God

A few points: I've heard the Holy Ghost is female proposed by women who go on about its role in the birth of Christ, and yet it quite clearly says that the Holy Ghost visited Mary, and Mary got pregnant. The Nicene & Apostles' Creeds even refer to it as "Born of Mary by the Holy Spirit" following the tradition frequently seen in pedigree lines: "By <father> out of <mother>". To me that makes the Holy Spirit, if it has any gender at all, male.

This also relates to the second point: Mrs God. If there was a Mrs God, why did Mr God go and knock up some other woman, when he himself told everyone that it was a sin? Surely not one law for God and one for everyone else?

Byron Cac wrote:
Maybe "It" enjoys a good belly laugh!

On another note - of this whole gender discussion this one is seems closest to the facts

God as male or female is a circular discussion and as we know those circles can be measured from any point! Charles Fort grew to a theory that our existance itself was an existance of its own, an existance that adds up to more than its component parts:

"I now have a theory that our existance as a whole, is an organism that is very old." - CHF Wild Talents 1932.

Perhaps then it is this existance that we should term God.

A Muslim friend once described to me that God was" unknowable" and any attempt to use our human wisdom/interllect to contemplate God is pure folly. I suppose that this is why God must use prophets and miracles to interact with humans.

We are intermediatists, our existance is one between extreems. For each message in a mango, mary on a pork scratching or milk drinking statue there is a Naomi Campbell, Mona Lisa or doughnut; or a more mundane raindrop, rainbow or tree. Each of these and all things are part of our existance and all can be proposed as God. We human apes search for God in miracles at the extreems of our existance and then claim ownership, if the nature of the miracle does not fit within our canon of established dogma then such miracles are damned!

I remain agnostic, I remain a Fortean.

If I were a religious person I might see this as a sign from God about, I dunno, the state of the environment, rowdy living, the virus, what have you.

Landslide unveils cave with medieval shrine at side of railway

A team of rail workers have discovered what is believed to be a medieval shrine from the 14th century. Engineers were fixing a landslip near Guildford in Surrey when they found the small cave. Archaeologists believe it may be linked to the ruins of the Chapel of St Catherine, which are located on a nearby hill.

Joking apart though it's a stonking find. I do hope Network Rail takes care of it.

sign.jpg
Now this is a sign from god I can appreciate.

Back