• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Solstice (Movie)

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Solstice is Daniel Myrick's 3rd solo movie after co-directing The Blair Witch Project with Eduardo Sánchez (who came back with Altered) and like his previous two, it's direct-to-DVD.

Solstice certainly looks good in 2:35 widescreen with lush Louisiana locations - and I guess they were hoping to go theatrical - however the movie is a little predictiable and dull.

Megan and her four firends travel to a remote house to celebrate Summer Solstice. Megan's sister died 6 months earlier, so cue many flashbacks which slowly reveal what really took place.

Megan believes her dead sister is trying to communicate with her... and she's tipped off by issue 208 of FT they pick up at a store on the way! (An altered version of page 10 is the article Megan reads.)

On the audio commentray, Myrick says, "A Fortean Times plug there - its a magazine that friend of mine turned me onto a while back. Everything from conspiracy theories to bigfoot to you-name-it - that magazine has it. It's a pretty cool cult magazine."

Presumably his friend "turned him onto FT" when they featured Blair Witch on the cover some 9 years ago ;)

vlcsnap-135336.jpg

vlcsnap-136373.jpg

vlcsnap-138570.jpg

Solstice is out on R1 DVD.

The FT was given a name-check during the film The Core wot I saw last night.

I saw this film last night. Quite good. It's a remake of a Danish movie called Midsommer IIRC

Back