• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

sound ghosts

A

Anonymous

I know that a lot of research has been done into the connection between ultrasound and ghost sightings, but I wondered if any one could shed light on a recent experience of mine. I play in a (very loud) band, and on the night in queston we were running through our set in our practice space, which is part of a converted old mill in Stockport. The practice had been going well and we were running through a song called "Just like cutting yr Toenails" (about a guy who performs a DIY sex change in his kitchen) when all of a sudden I felt some one over my left shoulder. Simultaneous the was a gutteral groan. I stopped playing and the rest of the band looked over at me. They said the colour had drained from my face. No one else heard this sound but all agreed the part of the room in which I was stood was noticeably colder. I don't believe in the existence of ghosts but I know that this sound was seperate to the sound we were making. And I definitely felt the presence of something. We have never played that song since !:blah:

There was a programme on a couple of months ago that looked at the effect of infra-sound, very low frequencies in the region of 16HZ. It's long been known that such sound can cause physical effects by hitting the natural resonant frequency of internal organs etc. but on the prog they discussed how such sound could cause feelings of unease or possibly even produce visual effects through the vibrations set up in the fluid of the eyeball. It's just possible that your Bass speaker was responsible for your erie experience.

a song called "Just like cutting yr Toenails" (about a guy who performs a DIY sex change in his kitchen)

So, it's a love song then?

There was a story a while back about a workshop somewhere in the UK where a guy reported to his bosses that he no longer wanted to work in a particular area because he kept seeing a dark humanoid shape on the edge of his vision while he worked that gave him a frightening sense of forboding, when other employees reported related happenings the company investigated and it was put down to a faulty air conditioning unit, when the unit was fixed the sightings and feelings of dread stopped, apparently the unit had been malfunctioning and producing a sound of unusual resonance which was having adverse effects on staff. Not sure where I read this, may even have been in FT.

All the best,

Randall.

Back