• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stolen Car Urban Myth

Iamroachford

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Probably heard this one before, but someone mentioned it to me the other day & it still made me laugh.

Man has recently bought brand new car, leaves home one day to find new car stolen. AARRRGGH! Insurance claims, taxi fares to work and reports to the police ensue.

Very depressed, man laments and waits for insurance to pay out. Few days later, man leaves home for work, lo and behold his brand new car has returned and is sitting on the driveway, not a scratch on it. There is, however, an envelope under one of the wipers.

The note inside reads something like 'Sorry for taking yer car without asking (and / or) permission, but it truly was a case of life or death. As a token of our gratitude, please accept two tickets for a West End show in London and a weekend break, all expenses paid. Aaahhhhh, how nice.

So man and wife take off for the capital and have a generally cool time mooching round the city & even manage to endure the musical that has been booked for them.

They return home on the Sunday to find that while away, the people who borrowed their car, have burgled their house. Not a single item was left. They even took the carpets.

Im sure there are millions of variations on this one.

roach

I was expecting the one about people bringing their dead relative home wrapped up in blanket in car and the car getting stolen when they stop at a restaurant

A variant on this was used for an episode of the American sitcom "The Nanny", only it was a purse-snatcher, who got caught, and gave the lead character the tickets because he felt guilty.

there was the old one about the woman being flagged down late at night by another woman.

when she stopped a bunch of Hells Angel types jumped out the bushes, surrounded the car and tried to get in. As she roared off one of them screamed and flailed the back of her car with a chain, causing a jolt.

when she got home she found a length of chain wrapped round her bumper with four fingers wrapped round the other end

jima said:
I was expecting the one about people bringing their dead relative home wrapped up in blanket in car and the car getting stolen when they stop at a restaurant

this really happened (no, really)

a mate of mine is a social worker and 2 years ago he operated from a local psyche hospital. Most of his clients would come to him with any little problem in their lives.

one of his clients was a woman who was devoted to her dog and one day the dog died. She put the dog in a suitcase to ask my mate what she should do and generally cry on her shoulder.

so she gets on out local tube (RTS) and heads for town. Stopping at a notorious estate, four 'Yoofs' jump on the tube, snatch the suitcase and jump off.

I'd of paid money to watch them open their swag

Back