• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stooges for Mediums

A

Anonymous

Is ther anyone on this board who worked or knows someone who worked as a fluffer (forgive the term, it's one my friend always used) for mediums?
I had a friend who used to work for what was then a quite famous medium. (as she is a now dead Medium I will say no names, I have no taste for legal action).
Before the show he used to mingle with the audience and strike up conversations and learn what he could about why they were there, he would then relay this to the lady in question. If the night was going slow then he would stand up to any unanswered questions and pretend to be one of the audience.
I went with him on a couple of occasions it really was such a sureal experience watching him pumping people for information.

A very interesting topic and what I consider the most cheating part of a cheating profession - at least cold reading requires some skill and showmanship.

Some things I'd be interested in knowing are about the range of techniques used:

1. For extratcing information: I have seen claims for not just people pumping the audience for information (e.g. posing as an audience member and 'chatting' to them in the queue to get in) but also visiting people's homes with an excuse.

2. For passing it on to the medium: I have seen claims that they use colour coded tape on the legs of the audience chairs which match information on cheat sheets/cards they study before hand but do they use other techniques like ear pieces?

I'd just be interested to know the various tricks so if I ever go (and I'm sure I'd have to at some point ;) ) I want to keep an eye out for them.

Emps

This is one of my areas of interest too, so I'll be watching this thread with interest.

lazerus the duc said:
(as she is a now dead Medium I will say no names, I have no taste for legal action).

oh go on. The dead can't sue and you cannot defame a dead person.

i thought this thread would have been about iggy pop and co. with a occult-type twist.

Toffeenose said:
i thought this thread would have been about iggy pop and co. with a occult-type twist.
And I was expecting something along the lines of Larry, Mo and Curly performing feats of extreme slapstick with ectoplasm.... Bitterly disappointed.

"I will say no names, I have no taste for legal action"

I wondered about this too. Legal action for what?

Not only can you not defame the dead, the truth is an absolute defense to slander or defamation actions.

You're telling the truth, right? No worries.

Back