• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Contrails

the_dreamcatcher

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
So i woke up on saturday, had breakfast, parents went to the garden, to do er gardening, mum comes in " look in the sky, look LOOKKK" so i had no choice.

What i saw i have seen in pictures before, but to see it in person was really something :D

heres a few pictures

bare in mind they were taken on my phone, they came out quite well, these contrails where going at a horizontal er line, not vertical or diagonal if the pictures show it that way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ ... C00052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ ... C00053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ ... C00054.jpg

Now i know there probably is some rational explanation, the jet contrail ejects vapur, which becomes ice, which forms the trail, and because of the day, altitude, temperature .... it froms that pattern???

But while googling, i found all kind of things, chemtrails, contrails, and some that looked close to that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/c ... ls_330.jpg

picture on here resmebles it slightly

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/pdwe.html .

So are there testing of new propulsion or is it just nature???

Mad contrail! But not as mad as that "abovetopsecret" website you linked to. I say mad, but there's something strangely addictive about a site which expresses extraordinary ideas in such an unflashy way. There's none of the scary range of font sizes and colours that you sometimes get with slightly off-the-wall sites.

Obviously not the product of a terrestrial aircraft - bump this to the Ufology thread.

I can only guess it is a (1) normal contrail twisted up by unusual wind conditions, or (2) as you say, a new kind of jet engine. I've heard of pulse detonation wave engines before and witnesses who report contrails resembling "donuts on a rope".

IamSundog said:
(1) normal contrail twisted up by unusual wind conditions

I think that that would be my guess too. But those must have been very turbulent wind conditions! So i'm still mystified.

Looking at the scale of the pole and the thickness of the contrail: isn't it unusually thin? I look at contrails a lot myself and I have the feeling that it should be thicker. It looks as a contrail left by a toy airplane. What was your impression?

:yeay: BTW: It's great that more and more people provide pictures of their observations. It's very interesting. Thanks!

uair01 said:
IamSundog said:
(1) normal contrail twisted up by unusual wind conditions

I think that that would be my guess too. But those must have been very turbulent wind conditions! So i'm still mystified.

Looking at the scale of the pole and the thickness of the contrail: isn't it unusually thin? I look at contrails a lot myself and I have the feeling that it should be thicker. It looks as a contrail left by a toy airplane. What was your impression?

:yeay: BTW: It's great that more and more people provide pictures of their observations. It's very interesting. Thanks!

well you can thank my mum :D she took a photo with a disposable camera, and i used my phone, my proper camera was round a friends house :(

They contrails were unusually thing, and every so often in on of the 'kinks' was a sort of pufft of cloud ( air ) which i first thought of projects like the auroa, and trying to explain it to my parents, of course my mum looked blankly at me, but my dad is slightly sci fi so knows theres more than blak and white in the world.

i cant remember if there were other contrails in the sky, this one didnt seem to stretch far at all, it was dissapated, then the trail then gone, and it stayed for quite awhile.

As for high turbulence, it didnt seem really high altitude, so it was low altitude, it was a cold morning, and there wasnt a cloud in the sky.

Ill see if the other picture comes out.

I thought it might be wingtip turbulence or some other kind of turbulence behind the aircraft affecting an otherwise normal contrail; although in that case I would have expected the trail to be double, as the turbulence would come from both wings.

but thing is it was too low for missile test and or a plane, i think anyway, since dont contrails have to be at a certain temperature for the water in the fuel to crystalise?

With respect, what are you basing your estimates of height on?

If an object is more than a couple of hundred yards away, it is not possible to gauge the distance of an object by eye alone. You need more than one viewpoint to estimate height and or distance; your two eyes are not far enough apart.

Additionally you said that the loops were horizontal rather than vertical or diagonal. How could you tell? Once again there would be no way of telling this from a single viewpoint.
Not saying that you are wrong, but I wonder how you came to this conclusion.

Back