• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Dream

A

Anonymous

I had an odd dream recently-
I am on a farm walking around.It is cloudy. I notice a small pond with fish swimming in it.I notice a cat underwater in the pond-it is grey with green eyes and there is algae on it's fur.It has a strange hopeless look in its eyes.
I see there is a cord round its neck. Feeling distressed at the cat's predicament I lift it partially out of the water and see that the rope around its neck stretches just enough to let it reach the surface and air.
Evidently it can reach the air enough to breathe and then it settles back down to the pond floor to wait.
I cut the rope around the cat's neck (handy Swiss Army Knife) and it struggles a bit then settles down in relief..
This dream was crystal clear-any interpretations?

I once had a dream that i was on a farm and came across a pond. when i looked into it it was full of the most ugly, evil looking fish i'd ever seen. I was rooted to the spot and couldn't get away at which point i woke up.

Dream Dictionary States:

FARM: Seeing or living on a farm in your dream, suggests that you need to develop aspect of yourself and utilize your potential. You are ready for growth.

POND: Seeing a pond in your dream, represents tranquility and desire for more quiet time to yourself. It is a time to reflect on your situation and what is going on in your life. Alternatively, it suggests that you keep your feelings contained and in check. You are experiencing and emotional calm in your life.

CAT: Seeing a cat in your dream means much misfortune, treachery, and bad luck. However, for the cat lover, cats means an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power. If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself. If you see a cat with no tail, then it means a lost of independence and lack of autonomy. Dreaming that a cat is biting you, symbolizes the devouring female. Perhaps you are taking and taking without giving. You may be expressing some fear or frustration especially when something is not going as planned.. Seeing a black cat in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck. If you see a white cat, then it means difficult times. Dreaming that a cat killed a spider, suggests that you are expressing your femininity in a seductive and cunning manner rather than in an overtly and almost destructive way.

ROPE: Seeing ropes in your dream, represents some connection or a way to tie/hold things together. Dreaming that you are walking on a rope indicates that you will engage in a doubtful investment but it will prove to be successful. Dreaming that you are climbing up a rope indicates your determination to succeed and overcome adversity. It may also represent your climb to the top. If you are climbing down a rope, then it indicates that you are experiencing disappointments and decline in some business affair. Dreaming that you are tied up in ropes means that you will let your heart guide you contrary to your better judgment.

FISH: Seeing fish swimming in your dream means insights from your unconscious mind. Thus to catch a fish, represents insights which have been brought to the surface. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs. Consider also the common phrases "like a cold fish", "fish out of water" or something that is "fishy" about a situation. It may also imply a slippery or elusive situation. Dreaming that you are Seeing or eating fish, symbolizes your beliefs, spirituality, luck, energy and nourishment. It is food for the soul. Seeing a dead fish means disappointment and loss of power/wealth. Dreaming of cooking fish indicates that you are incorporating your new realizations with your spiritual feelings and knowledge. Dreaming that you are cleaning fish, suggests that you are altering your emotional expression in a way that will be presentable to others. You are censoring yourself and not expressing how you completely feel.

hope it helps :)

Pharmboy - Was it a Morris-looking cat? I had a dream once where I was walking outside my house at night and the air just felt really bad. I was witnessing all sorts of horrors but the only two I could remember shortly after waking was a werefolf who was staring at me and above and him in the air was this giant cat's head (looked like Morris) that was morphing like a hologram and letting out this agonized "meow." I somehow knew this to be the ghost of a cat that had died by strangulation (although I know of no such cat in real life). As terrified as I was of werewolves at that age, the image of the cat disturbed me the rest of the following day much more than the werewolf did.

It seems about 75% of my dreams are about me saving or trying to save some animal who is being abused or is in danger. Whenever, I see an animal the following day (which is quite often) I'll be reminded of the animal I was trying to save in my dream the night before.

Also, for the last year and a half there has been a stray cat living outside my house who looks just like the one in my dream. I think this is just a coincidence, though, because there are a lot of stray cats living outside my house.

Edit: Didn't see rjm's post until after I posted this one.

It was just a grey shorthaired kitty- we have a similar one but this was a stranger.
RJM-I did look at the dream dictionary site. I am a cat lover, but "feminine sexuality" does not fit- maybe"butt-scratchin' redneck randiness" would be a bit closer.I will try and post a picture of a similar kitty-it was my mother-in-laws' cat who recently died(at 21) and he was also a farm cat-but not the one in the dream...

Back