• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange voice picked up on tape

G

GeorgeP

Listen to this strange voice that was picked up by Sarah Gordon who had experienced alot of electrical problems in her flat. The voice seems to be ordering her to leave - get out of the property. Spooky!

I am still very undecided as to what (if anything) these EVP's are, but they sure do on occasion sound very creepy. I recently got myself a copy of 'Breakthrough - An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead by Konstantin Raudive & am looking forward to reading it.

Not late at night though...

Although I quite possibly will for extra 'creepy-factor' :)

We have hugely entertaining threads on EVP. I once scared myself so badly with it that I considered sleeping in the car. :D

We have hugely entertaining threads on EVP. I once scared myself so badly with it that I considered sleeping in the car. :D
There's a radio in the car...

I once borrowed a dicta phone from work simply to have some fun with my pet. I recorded such things as,"whos here?", "postman!" etc and watched the dog tilt his head with a confused look directed at the recording device before getting excited. I even played back the barks he made much to my amusement.

I soon ran out of things to say that would get his attention which left the phone recording footsteps, crinkle like noises of clothing and the thump like sound of mugs being placed on the table. Something odd did come through though that sounded like a man talking in slowmotion (almost like the Captain Scarlet Mysterons.) It was clearly from when I was in the kitchen and he(?) was having a right old rant about something. It died down a bit as I left the kitchen. Weird thing his that my voice did talk over this other one as I spoke to the dog at normal speed.

I kind of decided that I must have picked up someone out doors at first, but on further listening you could hear birds in the garden -with no slow down.

In the end I put it down to a tech issue and wiped the cassette.

Bleed-through? The speed of the tape does vary as go from start to end of a reel, but thinking about it it would presumably be playing backwards....

The batteries in those things dont last long either so it could be mix of many things.

Back