• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strieber and Men In Black

BaronVonHoopla

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
What do you all think of the Men In Black? Do you think they exist? The reason I ask is, from the stories I have read about the Men In Black it seems like they would have visited Strieber at least once, whether they are government agents acting silly to mess with people's minds, or actual aliens themselves.

Simply by being as open and out-there as he is you'd think that he would have gotten some sort of 'shut up', but he doesn't seem to have.

What do people think?

-Fitz

I think the men in black haven't visited him yet because he's made it all up.

If you view the Men in Black as a paranormal phenomenon, then I would have thought Streiber was due a visit from them as he comes across as the paranoid self-important type who would relish their attention. If, however, they are simply goverment agents, then he probably hasn't done anything to worry them.

Or then again, maybe they have visited him and he just hasn't told us.

Are men in black reported as often in recent times as previously in the history of UFOlogy, I wonder? Perhaps they were another fad.

I think the M.I.B case's serve to feed the rampant paranoia, in the ufo field.They may possibly be hallucinations of some sort,perhaps(and a big perhaps!) even induced by the ufo phenomena itself.
Jung's archetype "the shadow" could be interpreted as M.I.B too.

I love the MIB stuff.
There are some truly bizarre tales of their visits from very reliable witnesses who've undergone often some quite mundane UFO experience.

Unlike Whitley...

Like Mythopoeika says - he probably hasn't had a visit due to most of his story probably being bollocks.

Although that said, not everybody who talks a lot about the subject or has had a close encounter gets the knock on the door.

Right . . . I wasn't (by the way) trying to imply I believed Mr. Streiber . . . it's just that from what I've read about the MIB it seems like even if he WAS making the whole thing up it might be enough to attract their attention.

And I suppose I do subscribe a bit to Keel's Ultraterrestrial theory; I think it makes sense that aliens, Men In Black, Mothmen, Bigfoot and such are the exact same creatures that have been fairies, goblins, banshees, and gods in the past . . . and it seems that with all these 'apparitions' the wisest way to deal with them is to just ignore them. A lot of people seem to have gradually become unglued if they looked too deep into these things (and then been given enough ammo by these apparitions to want to look for more, without ever getting any tangible evidence).

So, basically, I thought that even if Streiber was making it all up it might be enough to attract the attention of 'whatever they are' . . . if they exist at all.

I'm rambling now . . . did any of that make sense?

-Fitz

Men in Black have been around for centuries.

As far as Strieber is concerned, let's say, for the sake of the discussion he is reporting "real" experiences. MIBs seem to be picky about who they visit, and MIB reports seem to be somewhat less frequent now than they once were.

I've come across some allusions to gov. involvement -- though not MIBS per se -- regarding Strieber. Maybe, if the current, modern MIBs are gov. spooks, as suggested in another thread here regarding the Discordians, they've spiffed up their style and aren't appearing as the gawky MIBS of the '50s and '60s. I dunno, just thinking out loud here...

I love the whole MIB lore and one of my personal favorite theories is one that combines ancient Trickster like "alien" entities who often cause trouble, and more recent, modern MIBS being gov. spooks playing with our minds...

Back