• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions for ghost locations in Surrey

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
Hi all,
I'm keen to get started on ghost hunts in Surrey, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I've written to the usual places, like the Angel Hotel in Guildford, with little luck so far! Or failing that, haunted places in Hampshire, I'm not fussy :D

Thanks a lot!

Paul

Ghosts'n'stuff at:
http://www.paullee.com

I don't know of any good ones in the area, but I would be well up for going on expeditions if you find any. I'm just moving back to the Guildford area this weekend.

One of my friends once saw an apparition in the woods near Wormley while walking home from the station around midnight, I may well be able to find exactly where. That is a really really scary place to be late at night.

Have you tried doing a Google search for "haunted Surrey" or similar? Seems to throw up links to Farnham and Bramley, to name a couple.

I always thought Worplesdon was particularly spooky, although I'm not sure if that's actually in Surrey itself...

Ghosts in Surrey etc.

Hi all,
Just found a website that has loads of nationwide investigations planned - http://www.bowersandvee.co.uk
- as far as Surrey is concerned, there are two in Farnham coming up in the next couple of months, and one in Beaulieu Abbey is coming up in a fortnight.

Cheers all!

Paul

--------------------------------
Ghosts'n'stuff

cool, i work in Farnham, ever considered Farnham Castle for a hunt? dunno if it's haunted, though... I'd be up for any hunts, DPL!

Farnham Castle

Yep, its on the list of vigils lined up - late June I think was the given date.

Cheers!

Paul

Beaulieu Abbey?

As in, the Beaulieu in the New Forest? Have you got any further info on this? I'm nto far from there, and I'd like to see how one of these ghost vigils work.

Beaulieu Abbey

Yes, thats the one. The vigil/ghost hunt is lined up for March 8th, and there is a £15 fee- this will go towards insurance and overtime for the staff etc.

Have a look on the website I dished out- theres loads more info.
Basically, a ghost hunt is "sit and wait for things to happen". Yeah, thats right. Some of the more technically savvy people rely on equipment rather than the usual psy-kookiness of alleged (but mostly fraudulent) mediums.

Cheers

Paul

March 8th, that's a saturday, isn't it?

I couldn't find anything on the website. What kind of time does this start, and how long does it go on for? Do you have to get tickets in advance, or can you just turn up?

ASSAP seems to be a little more 'official' than this place, but, if people have given permission for these guys to do hunts, then what can i say...

http://www.assap.org

Ghost hunts etc.

You will need to register to get on the Ghosts-UK site- mind you, its free and once you're on, its very informative!

Assap is a good society, perhaps let down by their lacklustre website. I could mention groups you should avoid, but the spectre of litigation hovers in the background....

If you're in the West Midlands, have a look at:

Parasearch

Back