• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Teesside - a ton of FT magazines for free if you collect

SmallGeorge

Junior Acolyte
Hi

Having a clear out and I've got a lot of FT magazines, going back over ten-twenty years.

Free to a good home for anyone willing to collect.

I live in Darlington, in the lovely Tees Valley of the North East of England.

If you IM me, I'd be happy to arrange for you to pick these up.

:D

Dave

I could give my old FT's to some grumpy old cow in a charity shop, but they'll grumble about a couple of them being torn, and they're out of date, and we've nowhere to put them.

Now that I'm started I might as well add that they won't appreciate the vast knowledge in the mags, nor the mystery of "It happened to me", the Schadenfreude of "Strange Deaths", the hit or miss pleasure of "letters", the l o n g boring articles in the middle that you only read to try and get your money's worth.

"Strange Days, Mythconceptions, Sidelines", mystery, escapism, humor all in one.

Yes folks, have you got an old person at home who will say, "I remember something like that, that happened to me when I was young", and hopefully remember to leave you something in their will.

Maybe a younger person who you want to enlighten, and who will maybe remember you as a guiding light when they are rich and famous.

I give you a complete entertainment package, something that will keep the kids away from TV for the entire summer holidays.

Yes, you too can own a series of FT's from 2006 until recently.

How much would you pay for this wonderful gift of fortean treasure? Did I hear you say a million pounds?

Nay, my friends, for you, absolutely free. Just pick them up from Enfield in North London, and they are yours to keep.

Au contraire, my little elephant god.
Having invested vast sums of money (and time) in acquiring these little treasures, I want them to be appreciated.

Actually, you're right. FTMB is probably not the best place to find someone in a specific area who already doesn't own the last couple of years of FT.

What I should do is dust off my Ninja suit, and sneak around in the night, stuffing FT's into random letter boxes.

If any of you lovely ladies wish to join me, I have a spare woman's Ninja suit. It's size 10, but I believe its made of stretch material, so should go to size 16 (my last sidekick and I used to finish our night's crime fighting about the same time that the local Greg's opened)

If you have any from pre-Issue 81 I'd happily detour via Darlington on my next trip to Sunderland (prob early Sept) to take them off your hands.

Used to live in Darlo so would be a pleasant memory lane meander! :)

i stopped buying the magazines back in 2005 i just couldnt afford them anymore, and now they are way to expensive for me to buy. i wish i could claim some of your old fortean times but i dont live anywhere near to come collect.

Well, paganfrog, I know this doesn't help you, but at least I now know that there are people (or possibly frogs) out there who would appreciate my old stack of FT's. I just weighed them, and its about 18kg for the lot. That's a lot for two years. Sorry, four years.

*edited to make sense. edited again to correct years.

Fortean Times back issues.

Ganesha,would you consider posting a few?Within UK.

Sorry folks

Hi

Sorry - I had to go to India for a bit and forgot all about this offer I'd made.

Let me look into it.

I'd be happy to post, provided you paid the postage costs, somehow.

:oops:

I piled every issue from 1990 up to 2008 in three recycling bins, over the past few months. (Along with hundreds of Viz and UFO Magazines.) I simply have no room, or inclination for them anymore.

coaly said:
I piled every issue from 1990 up to 2008 in three recycling bins, over the past few months. (Along with hundreds of Viz and UFO Magazines.) I simply have no room, or inclination for them anymore.

As in they are recycled? or are still in the bags?

1990-1994 would fill a substantial gap in my pre-Iss 81 collection 8)

Sorry, they've been taken away by the recycling. It's too much hassle posting odd ones off to people, and charities aren't bothered, and waiting rooms won't have any now as they cause a "cross contaminaton risk"! Ah well.... Better than burning them. I kept the books though!

coaly said:
Sorry, they've been taken away by the recycling. It's too much hassle posting odd ones off to people, and charities aren't bothered, and waiting rooms won't have any now as they cause a "cross contaminaton risk"! Ah well.... Better than burning them. I kept the books though!

:( Alas.

Why is it that in a doctor's waiting room, or at least my local one, are there hundreds of women's magazines but for a man it is Antique Truck Monthly or Bi-Plane Enthusiast Gazette?

Back