• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Terror Tot

I think it's a 'fake' created by the Israelies and Ariel "Blofeld" Sharon as an excuse to continue their "counter-terrorist" 'retalitary' strikes on the Palestinians.

Niles ";):(:eek:" Calder

I dont think it's a fake, to them a bomber is a hero, a bit like dressing a kid up to look like David Beckham.

I've seen a few news pics of children dressed up as suicide bombers at demonstrations. Very, very depressing. Reminds me of that saying attributed to the Jesuits, 'Give us a child until he's seven and he will be ours for life.'

I think it's a fake. The first thing I said when I saw the picture was that the baby didn't look like it came from the average Palestinian. I think it's a ploy by Israel to discredit Palestinians as a bunch of monsters so justifying the attacks on the West Bank.

I saw a couple of Palestinian women being shown the picture on the news. Their reaction was, so what? All our children want to be martyrs. We have nothing and no hope here.
(Exactly what Cherie Blair said!)

It certainly look like a fake.. but i wouldnt be suprised if that sort of pic was about anyway.... they are desperate people, ive seen six yr old Hesidic Jewish boys in London with full hat and locks b4 and i found that disturbeing too...

The 'Arab race' covers a wide variety of skin and hair colouring. If the Israelis had faked this for the benefit of the West they'd presumably have faked it according to the sort of western prejudice we're seeing on this thread! That's why I think it's real.

The 'Beckham' analogy is a good one too.

Stranger and stranger

To be honest, initially I had thought that it was a fake. Then again, the news (BBC I think) reported that the mother had been interviewed and that she had said that it was all down to some students who had dressed the child up for a party. Bizarre.:eek!!!!:

sidecar_jon said:
ive seen little kids dressed up as rambo b4 now....
Yes, there's a certain type of parent here in the West who think its a great idea to photograph their kid dressed up in some kind of uniform and holding a weapon. Not all that different from this kid.

I don't know (or especially care) if it's a genuine Palestinian kid, or a fake made by Israelis. or a joke perpertrated by someone in another country because they thought it was funny. I still find it distasteful. (Of course, I find Anne Geddes calendars distasteful and disturbing.)

Getting your kids involved (and I do not believe the kid has any idea what is going on in that picture) in such things is pretty low, regardless of your opinion of the deeper political situation.

Propaganda Opportunity

Fake or not, the picture need never have seen the light of media. It's obviously being used as a propaganda opportunity by Sharon's goons.

Best bet here is a grunt of contempt and moving on, I'd guess.

Back