• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Testing my psychic abilities (or lack of)

eyepod

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Every time I log in to the FTMB and hit the posts since last login thing I try to guess how many there will have been. So far I've only got it right once. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting if I kept a record of my successes and failures, and thought this might be a suitable place to do so.

Mods, please feel free to move or delete it if you think it's not.

Anyway, this login:

Guess: 36 - Actual: 12

Not a great start.

How would you know the difference between using psychic abilities to come up with the number, or just pure guesswork? The result seems to be the same! Would you get a tingle or something if you were being psychic?

I don't know if I'd feel anything. A large number of correct 'guesses' might indicate something more than pure chance though.

Guess 127 - Actual 77

perhaps you could start with how many pages of new posts there are, and then refine? however, it would be difficult to tell if you ended just getting a knack for it, or if unusual powers are involved.

silburymoon!

Hi this is Steve i dont say i ever use my abilities for numbers because there to many numbers around you at the time say like for instance if you have cards on you that have numbers say like your house post number or just to say numbers that are all thoughtout the computer system even on your computer screen as you speak the numbers come to confusing that is why i never use mine on any questions on numbers.
Sincerely,[email protected] ;)

perhaps you could start with how many pages of new posts there are, and then refine?
I don't think the new pages have gone past 5 since I've been coming here, even when I've left it a couple of days between logins, and I usually log in at least once every 24 hours.

What I've been doing is coming to the main message board index, hovering my mouse over the new posts link, shutting my eyes and clicking. I just try to empty my mind and 'see' the page as it loads with its number of new posts at the top.

there to many numbers around you at the time say like for instance if you have cards on you that have numbers say like your house post number or just to say numbers that are all thoughtout the computer system even on your computer screen

That's a good point. Well I'll see how it goes for a while yet. I'm not going to keep this going for ever, just a couple of weeks.

Today's Guess: 47 - Actual 41

Back