• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Cat Who...

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Since we clearly have many cat lovers on this MB, do we also have other fans of "The Cat who..." crime books by Lilian Jackson Braun?

These books are about an ex-journalist called Quilleran, who lives with two Siamese cats in the northern USA. The cats help him solve murder mysteries by actions which may just be coincidence - or maybe not!

Quilleran also has a bushy moustache which gets itchy when something suspicious is going on on! Very amusing, and Fortean, and I highly recommend them.

(To make Cornish readers feel at home , there is also frequent mention of Moose County's old mining history, complete with pasties ...!)

Stuff the cats, moustaches and mining, tell me about the pasties!

The mention of cats has tempted me, Rynner, I'm off to't library tomorrow!

Carole

For cat lovers:

CAT IN TOMATO SAUCE

Make a marinade from a cup of vinegar, some sprigs of thyme and two cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
Skin the cat then gut it and wash it well. Cut it into pieces and put them into the marinade in a pot. Leave it overnight.
The following dy, add 2 pounds of chopped tomoatoes, a tablespoon of ground red pepper, two apples split in half, half a chopped onion and a cup of oil. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the meat is tender. Strain the liquid and then return to the pot. Bring it to the boil for a short while, then serve.

Or wrap in pastry to create a Cat Pasty!! Yum!!:cross eye

Well, the way cats walk around with their tails up, they're just asking to be spit-roasted. You just need to run at 'em with a skewer....

Now there's a thought...spit roasting cats?
Cat Deeley, certainly...:D

Reminds me of those wonderful books, '101 Things to do with a dead cat' and 'Another 101 things to do with a dead cat'.

Supremely silly! :cool:

So much for cat lovers! i've read and enjoyed all the Cat Who books and wished to see them made into a television series or movie with Tom Selleck as Qwilleran. Before he and Lilian J. Braun get any older! (This is my very first post, so if i get it wrong please don't judge!)

It's a fine post Bilgerat, have you seen our photos on mr Choppers website? Tom Selleck is there! (Sorry Forty2 ;) )

What about Felidae and Felidae on the Road by Akif Pirincci (the first c has one of those sickle things underneath it that I can't find on the keyboard). Very good books. Cat detective dealing with Cat criminals. Not as Enid Blyton as it sounds - those cats are evil little buggers quite capable of murdering humans and felines alike. Oh and world domination, doncherknow.

Back