• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Gemstone Files

A

Anonymous

I was looker for other FT-ers take on the infamous Gemstone Files.
(The Gemstone Files are supposedly written by chemist turned CIA agent, Bruce Roberts, and they 'reveal' the secret history of the USA - a corrupt tapestry of Mafia bosses, drug kingpins, spooks, politicans, Howard Hughes and a cast of thousands. The orginal files are said to be in their hundreds, but a 'skeleton key' to the files first appeared in 1969, and was reprinted in many different alternative magazines, etc, and soon spread virally, much like an email) Unlike most conspiracy timelines, the Skelton Key to the Gemstone Files is quite coherent (though it does have some weird fixtation with the Vatican)), and is written with some wit and style.
Sample quote: 1960: JFK elected. American people happy. Rose Kennedy happy. Onassis
happy. Mafia estatic. .
The link to the skeleton key is below:
http://www.freedomdomain.com/assassinations/skeleton01.html

Good link, Mr/Ms Wookie.
The history of the Gemstone Files is just an interesting as its alleged contents.
I've came across a 'Kiwi' Gemstone Files, lots of stuff about the Nugen Hand Bank (old CIA front company for South Asian drug money) and the destablisation of the Austrailian Labour Government.
It also does seem to be the inspiration for James Ellroy's alternative history of the 50/60/70's (American Tabloid, the Cold Six Hundred, and his yet unpublished book about Nixon). He leaves out Onassis, but Howard Hughes and various Mob bosses, and of course the Kennedy's, get a good look in.
The closets thing I've seen that comes close, is Alan Moore's comic strip, Brought to Light, which is a potted history of US/CIA interventions told from the point of view of a drunk eagle in a bar (you really have to read it), but of course the really scary thing about Moore's work is that it is all true.

Re: Paste?

Originally posted by garrick92
[(agents were referred to as 'diamond' or 'opal' ... I seem to remember that there wasn't a 'Ruby' *cough* for some reason *cough*).
LOL:D

Look like the woman who compiled the Skeleton Key to the Gemstone File in the 1970s (a former PLAYGIRL contributor) is still going at it, ever updating:

http://gemstone-file.com/

Back