• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Paul Villa Case

A

Anonymous

Has there ever been an update on the famous still,crystal-clear photographs taken during the sixties by Paul Villa?Most readers of "The Unexplained"will be aware of the story of how he claimed to have been in regular contact with aliens and was allowed photograph their spacecraft but not themselves.Given modern technologys potential what does it say about the photos?Has it ever been explained why Villa had such an awesome ability to tell what was wrong with any mechanical device(in particular motor vehicles)by mere visual contact and never having been formally trained in anything let alone engineering.

While on the subject has anyone heard about contact between Villa and Robert Jessup(the scientist who died before his time)and who had apparently discovered the secret of how alien craft are propelled.He would not play ball with the establishment and because he was of such superior intelligence(compared to Villa)he was suicided.Buzzing helicopters near Villas home was enough to put the frighteners on him!

I thought that the villa photos had been fairly conclusively proven to be fakes, made from little models

Last edited by a moderator:
Faggus said:
I thought that the villa photos had been fairly conclusively proven to be fakes, made from little models

Same here: given their clarity and focus, it would tend to suggest that they're small objects close by rather than distant large objects.

Incidentally, why do contactees always get given erroneous info and predictions re the future? If I were an alien, trying to prove I could see the future to someone, I'd give something concrete and easily checkable to the person concerned: like who'd win the superbowl and by how many points, or who'd win the best actress Oscar, or when a certain volcano would erupt. Pumping stations on Mars? Being a Fortean, I don't discount it totally, but how the hell would a mechanic from New Mexico verify it in 1963? Similarly with how many nations possessed nukes - officially at that time there were 5. maybe 17 did have them, but the Intel agencies probably wouldn't confirm that by phone to casual enquirers.

As for Villa's skill with motors: he was a mechanic, being largely unschooled had probably been so since late childhood/early teens, and as a result developed great skills by experience, or perhaps a para-psychic gift: there are doctors who can diagnose people's ailments as they walk in the door; most however follow it up with a tactile exam just to be on the safe side.

Whatever happened with Villa, it did raise the profile of Ufology in it's day, so we should nonetheless be grateful to him for that.

Stu

Back