• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things that go bump in the night...

Bosbaba

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I have a slightly annoying problem. One of the houses that I lived in in England had an occupant of the ghostly type. He/she/it seems to have taken a liking to me because when I moved from that house it followed - always seems to have taken a few weeks to catch up but it did. Now I live in Ireland and guess what, after a year it seems to have caught up.

I can't see the blighter but one of the girls I knew in England could. Question I have is a) why does it follow me when I move house and b) how can I politely give it the boot?

Bosbaba said:
a) why does it follow me when I move house and

Maybe its all in your head?? if you want to see something you probably will.

how can I politely give it the boot?

Shoot it!! or if you have any religious belief call in your local vicar, i cant do it as im killing vamps all week.

I do not go out there seeking ghosts and ghouls - at best this type of phenomena is only a curiousity to me.

When this all first started I thought that I had mice in the house - I took the necessary precautions but the noises persisted and cold draughts became more noticeable(yes I checked for badly sealed windows, etc.). Once I had exhausted all possible options and potential solutions I complained about it to a friend of mine. She came over on a visit and spotted yonder ghostie.

We got one of our local ministers in and they did the usual blessing and cleansing of the house. This is when i discovered that this sort of 'cleansing' has an apparent expiry date as it only took three months for 'it' to reappear.

I currently share a house with two members of the same faith, both of whom are ordained ministers. This does not seem to deter said ghostie at all. I also have a chinese water dragon who seems to be reacting adversley to its presence. Nothing else has changed in her environment and yet she has become much more skittish and aggressive over the past month.

I have not thought of asking it to leave - will have to try that one.

Do you want me to come and do all my vampire slaying stuff? ill get rid of the bugger!

Sorry i didnt mean you where making it up or anything, im just a git at times.

I hear ya

Hmmm..I can definately relate to your situation. But let me ask you this: Why is this something you want to get rid of? My boyfriend has had two "live-in" presences that have followed him since he was a boy. They do silly things, like move stuff around, mess with the TV, change songs on the cd player, stuff like that. I have even seen them on more than a few occasions (when they feel like being seen) But they give me no feelings of fear, or evil. They are more like un-seen members of the family. My boyfriend is a very special person, and sometimes people with high levels of energy tend to draw more energy to them.
When you feel the presence of this "ghost" does it seem evil or scary? I'm not houndin ya, I'm just interested in this type of thing, since I've had many similar experiances.
-andi

hey why not

try and get a photo- with some infra - red film?:eek!!!!:

Might it be attached to an object? Something you are taking with you whenever you move?

I carry a few old things with me from home in South Africa. If this was the presence that lived in our old house down there then it is definitely evil. That thing gave me no amount of grief as a child and I was glad to move out of house when I did.

This one almost seems to go about its business as if I am not there. The only problem is that it tends to keep me up at night. Basically, all I really want is a good night's sleep!

Why do you think it's a ghost? My house is so full of drafts I might as well be outside, and as for bumps in the night there's some kind of zoo in my loft. I dread to think what's up there. And what is a Chinese Water Dragon?

A chinese water dragon is a medium sized lizard. Mostly green with a pink chin and some blue and burnt orange markings on her body. Mine is nasty as hell at the moment.

The reason I think it is a ghost is that the pattern of behaviour is the same as what happened when I lived in England, the objects that get moved or 'bumped' around I have packed away or stuck in cupboards and they still get moved(with accompanying noise). No draught is that specific to my knowledge.

If you really want it gone , make yourself a ritual to clense your house and ask it to leave . You don't have to follow any ritual from some book or anything , do something based on what you believe in personally and how you feel about the ghost. Do it in every room , make sure you give off positive warm feelings as you go . ( you can curse houses in the same way too)
You can do this with individual objects too , as long as they are waterproof washing them under a cold tap is the best way . (Something interesting for anyone to try-I have done this and it works-next time you get some ornament , it doesn't have to be particularly nice,maybe a present,wash it under a cold tap and at the same time tell it how lovely it is, what a nice attractive ornament etc. Its quite amazing how many visitors will walk in and say straight away what a nice ornament it is!)

Are you sure your lizard doesn't get in the cupboards? ;)

If it's not doing any damage I wouldn't worry. I've just done a website for a hotel with a ghost and they're making money off it!

Reminds me, actually; had a laugh when I did those hotel photos. One of the hotel's bedrooms is supposed to be haunted. I took about 30 pictures with a digital camera, and 5 in this room. The 5 in the "haunted" room all had transparent globes dotted around. Now I'm sure this is just sunlight reflecting off dust on the lens, but all the same it was funny they just appeared in photos of this one room. Here's a close-up of one, attached.

Back