• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Top Ten Ghost Pictures - Breakout

HenryFort said:
The perspective looks fine to me, its clear the woman is sat down, the photographer also.

No, I hadn't realized that both the subject and the photographer were sitting down. Thanks for pointing that out, since it fully explains the perspective.

Is the photographer sitting down too?
Am I sitting down? (<trick question)

escargot1 said:
No, I hadn't realized that both the subject and the photographer were sitting down. Thanks for pointing that out, since it fully explains the perspective.
The lady looks like she is sat at a table with her arms in her lap, cup of coffee in front of her. Either shes sat on a chair similar to those seen behind her, or shes on her mobility vehicle, explaining the handle in the photo.

Photographer is looking her full in the face so is I guess sat across the table from her.

I'm being misquoted here as I didn't say that, someone else did. Unless I'm channeling again.

I hope not, after the... unpleasantness.

escargot1 said:
I'm being misquoted here as I didn't say that, someone else did. Unless I'm channeling again.

I hope not, after the... unpleasantness.
Yeah sorry for that, I was sure you had said that and amended the quote tag, dont know what unpleasantness youre referring to, Im staying out of that...

OldTimeRadio said:
escargot1 said:
Is the photographer sitting down too?
Am I sitting down? (<trick question)
Seems that the photographer and subject are both seated, the guy in the background standing.

ghostdog19 said:
He's very tall
Not necessarily, as the ground behind the lady could slope upwards quite steeply - the cars etc in the background are quite high up (if I remember correctly) which might add to this theory

HenryFort said:
....dont know what unpleasantness youre referring to, Im staying out of that.

It refers to the extremely unpleasant final days of the last person who misquoted her. <ggg>

I prefer to call it... research.

As has been said there are several other faces visible if you look hard. there is Tom Chaplin (lead singer of Keane) above the white car on the right. Bigfoot just to the right of the woman's head. A laughing skull above the Peugeot car on the right of the pic and a cackling witch resting her left cheek against the Peugeot.

The dark colouration around the face on the left that appears to make a cloak sits in front of the car as well which suggests it is just a discolouration on the negative as the actual whiteness of the cloaked figures face is clearly just light shining through the trees.

You believe what you want to believe when looking at something like that. As for the guy Im pretty sure he is a flesh and nlood human. You can see from the direction he is travelling and the position of the parked cars that he has more than likely headed over the field from the parking area.

JackDark said:
Breaking out from the top 10 ghost pics thread, I'd like to discuss this one picture a bit further...

There are 2 'apparitions' in the pic. The husband standing behind the lady, and the hooded dude hovering over the red car in the background.

Now, whilst the husband could actually be a real guy standing behind the woman - tall, but real - I dont believe that is it. I believe that it is indeed a genuine spirit.

I base this on some wonderful photos I saw a few years back. My auntie would bring them down from the loft only under extreme pressure. They were pictures of her mum, and directly behind her was her (dead) husband. Just as clear as the husband in this photo actually - not a blur, or 'something out of nothing'. However, right in the corner of all of the pics where the husband appeared - he appeared in 3 of the set - there was a very VERY nasty looking disembodied head. It almost looked like it was sculpted out of wood. Facially its' sharp features resembled the hooded figure in the pic here. After a lot of deliberation, and the involvement of some rather more qualified people from Manchester University, we concluded that this figure was in fact the spirit guide. Effectively bringing the husband down to earth for a visit, in, well, 'shackles' if you like.

Seeing this picture here, brought that all back to me and therefore, mainly because of the guy in the background, yes, I personally believe that this is a genuine ghost pic.

womanhusbandkl7.jpg

The hooded figure looks very Grim Reaper like!

MaxMolyneux said:

I second that, looks more and more weird as i look at it.

As for the second head above the old lady, looks like something that was'nt there when the pic was taken.

Im not a professional photographer but it looks way too faded to be someone caught off guard, looks like he's in his 30's.

They say when you die, you relive/appear at your most happiest time.

Possible?

After repeated viewings of this photograph there DOES seem to be a human face, torso and arms in the leaves at the left side of the photo.

Sometimes it reminds me of Adolf Hitler, moustache, cowlick and all, the right hand raised in a feeble Nazi salute.

But more often it looks like the distorted face in Edvaard Munch's THE SCREAM. The mouth seems in agreement and the right hand can be intepreted as being held against the head in the same manner as in the sketch.

The left hand also seems to be holding something, perhaps a radio microphone.

In addition there seems to be a living human standing with one hand laid on the automobile. He (?) is apparently staring in the direction of either the photographer or her subject.

cokker said:
MaxMolyneux said:

As for the second head above the old lady, looks like something that was'nt there when the pic was taken.

Im not a professional photographer but it looks way too faded to be someone caught off guard, looks like he's in his 30's.

Possible?

The second head??? Does this mean that when you looked at the photograph, the first thing (apart from the old biddy) you could see, was Skeletor to the left?

JackDark said:
After a lot of deliberation, and the involvement of some rather more qualified people from Manchester University, we concluded that this figure was in fact the spirit guide. Effectively bringing the husband down to earth for a visit, in, well, 'shackles' if you like.

Seeing this picture here, brought that all back to me and therefore, mainly because of the guy in the background, yes, I personally believe that this is a genuine ghost pic.

And who might these "rather more qualified people from Manchester University" be? Professionals? In which particular field?

LordRsmacker said:
JackDark said:
After a lot of deliberation, and the involvement of some rather more qualified people from Manchester University, we concluded that this figure was in fact the spirit guide. Effectively bringing the husband down to earth for a visit, in, well, 'shackles' if you like.

And who might these "rather more qualified people from Manchester University" be? Professionals? In which particular field?

Er, well, they "might be" keen paranormal hobbyists? OR, they "might be" I dunno, Teletubbies?

What sort of a question was that? :roll:

cokker said:
As for the second head above the old lady, [it] looks like....he's in his 30's.

If this guy's in his 30s he must have experienced a very rough life.

Honestly, he looks in his 70s or even 80s to me.

But I agree that he looks impossibly faded when compared to the rest of the photograph.

Could someone please post a nice, large blow-up of the upper left hand quadrant of the photograph?

the more I look at the pic, the creepier I find it. I'd noticed the guy behind her first, then the face in the trees, then today I look at this thread, glance at the pic and suddenly I can see a smaller cloaked figure at ground level to the lower left of the face.

pic1ok6.jpg

bigger

pic2zq2.jpg

and a quick sketch of the two figures.

pic3hr1.jpg

dunno. It's an odd pic either way.

Many thanks, Mikko.

I seem to see another large face, or more likely a skull, immediately to the right of your central hooded figure.

And there's a third face, smaller, immediately to the right of the Mr. Skull - apparently a woman with long blonde hair.

Accidentals? Most likely. I'm tempted to say "almost certainly.". But that's precisely where Skeptics and Forteans differ. The Skeptic says dogmatically that they HAVE to be accidentals and the Fortean needs burn no incense to that particular dogma.

Discovery?

I think I've just made a discovery in Mikko's enlargement.

See the living man (I think it's a male) standing on the left side of the automobile, with his hand on the vehicle?

He and the car are repeated (!) in the leaves above, immediately to the left of Mikko's large hooded figure.

It's all there - the man, his extended arm, even the back window of the car.

Strange!

LordRsmacker said:
cokker said:
MaxMolyneux said:

Possible?

The second head??? Does this mean that when you looked at the photograph, the first thing (apart from the old biddy) you could see, was Skeletor to the left?

Like you said "Skeletor to the left", i said "second head above".

He might look older than his 30's but thats just my opinion.

cokker said:
Like you said "Skeletor to the left", i said "second head above".

He might look older than his 30's but thats just my opinion.

So when you looked at the picture, you saw an old biddy in a car park, with a skeletal face in the trees over her right shoulder THEN you noticed the geezer's head above hers?

OldTimeRadio said:
I seem to see another large face, or more likely a skull, immediately to the right of your central hooded figure.

And there's a third face, smaller, immediately to the right of the Mr. Skull - apparently a woman with long blonde hair...
I cant see where these figures are, can someone sketch in all these figures on one complete photo? Like, the guy who did the one above?

OldTimeRadio said:
See the living man (I think it's a male) standing on the left side of the automobile, with his hand on the vehicle?

He and the car are repeated in the leaves above, immediately to the left of Mikko's large hooded figure.

It's all there - the man, his extended arm, even the back window of the car.
Wheres the guy leaning against the vehicle, which vehicle? Are we on the same photo here?

JackDark said:
LordRsmacker said:
JackDark said:

Er, well, they "might be" keen paranormal hobbyists? OR, they "might be" I dunno, Teletubbies?

What sort of a question was that? :roll:

A perfectly reasonable one, given your statement that they are "rather more qualified" to decide who the other person was in the pics. By what measure are they "more qualified", especially when the stunning conclusion was that this was in fact "a spirit guide"? What branch of qualified science, apparently employed by a major seat of learning funded through my taxes now leads people to believe that "spirit guides" are real, and not figments of a lurid imagination?

Perhaps I misunderstand, and these professionals told you that the other face could be absolutely anyone, it was up to you to decide, and you decided it was a spirit guide.

Or do you mean, "some geezers who work somewhere in Manchester University, dunno where, and who are really really interested in ghosts and fings, they're always going on about spooky stuff in the pub, well, they looked at the pictures over a few bevvies and we all decided it HAD to be a spirit guide, there could be absolutely no other answer. I mean, they looked at them for ages, really closely, in the light as well.
Then we rolled another fat one........"

"Keen paranormal hobbyists" wouldn't be "rather more qualified" to draw any conclusion regarding the mysterious face in your relative's pictures than any reader to these boards, or in fact, anyone off the street, principally because, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO relevant qualifications.

But then, of course, you approached Manchester University for help with your questions, so where did you go? Which department?

Sometimes it reminds me of Adolf Hitler, moustache, cowlick and all, the right hand raised in a feeble Nazi salute.

Noticed how Hitler like it looks that now that you mention it.

Good possibility what you've concluded.

Why does the hooded figure keep that far back though?

MaxMolyneux said:

Noticed how Hitler like it looks that now that you mention it.
Which ones hitler, Im lost.

I mean I usually find that ghost pictures are no more than simulacra. When someone sends one in on Ghoststudy or similar I always have ha good laugh.
Strange thing about this piccie is though that there are so many simulacra. Even in pictures where something is clearly due to leaves etc, I have a hard time to find any others. This picture seems to be a hotpot of simulacra, that makes it to me even more strange than the main character bloke in the background.

Either its a fake gone wrong [i.e crap fake bloke, other ghosts appear in background because they are pissed off], it is a ghost and that car park should be investigated further or last but not least its a haven for simulacra, which in itself is a kind of strane coincidence and hence could also be put under the coincidence-thread.

Back