• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Day

phi23

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Apparently today is UFO day - which coincides with the anniversary of the supposed landing of an alien spacecraft near the American desert town of Roswell in 1947.

There's a fun UFo quiz on the BBC news site here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3036596.stm

wtf I got 3 right - I've googled 2, 3, 5 and 10 and by my reaconing the beeb are wrong :confused:

I got two :eek: !!

Agree with schnor - think they may be everso slightly wrong in some cases.

Example: question one, with the answer: -
On 27 December 1980, a number of US Air Force police in Rendlesham Forest, near RAF Woodbridge, Suffolk saw what they thought was a UFO. After the incident, Rendlesham became known as the "British Roswell". But what did the UFO turn out to be?

A: A British Army weather balloon

B: A top secret US Air Force Stealth Bomber

C: President Ronald Reagan in his Air Force One jet

D: A 1979 Plymouth Volare Air Force Police patrol car

The answer was D
Kevin Conde, who was stationed at the base, said in June 2003 that he had played a prank on his colleague back in 1980 by shining the patrol car’s lights through some trees. Some witnesses still say they saw a UFO. A US Air Force report from 1981 says a triangular craft was spotted.
Sorry but as far as we're aware it hasn't definitively turned out to have been anything yet. kevin Conde said it was him, yes, but Halt said it was a UFO, other say a lighthouse, blah de blah de blah. What they've listed is one of several explanations.

As far as I can see they've ot the statistical questions right, but they're being too prescriptive re the rest of them, and with something like Ufology prescriptive don't work.

Look! I have found a box of flares in my TARDIS coupboard!

Back