• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Downed In Persian Gulf (Iraq; 1991)?

A

Anonymous

This month's FT has a short report on a UFO that apparently was shot down during the Gulf war. A link to a slightly more detailed version of the story is given here...

totse.com/en/fringe/abductees_contactees/ufo009.html
Link is dead. The MIA article can be accessed via the Wayback Machine

Warships Shot Down UFO

U.S. warships patrolling Persian gulf shot down a UFO duringa battle with Saddam Hussein's troops during Operation Desert Storm. Now a Top Secret mission to recover the UFO debis is underway. The U.S. Navy downed a UFO on January 24, 1991, according to a classified report detailing allied cooperation in the war to liberate Kuwait.it was detected by radar for nearly 30 seconds and was flying in an erratic manner. The order to down the aircraft was given when it buzzed several american ships, including the USS Wisconsin, USS England and USS O'brien and two british frigates, the HMS Battleaxe and HMS Jupiter. All vessels in the area fired on the alien spacecraft, which was described by officers as a chromium plated air-craft which emitted a high pitched piercing sound unlike conventional jets. The UFO was most likely downed by a tomahawk cruise missile, although every ship in the u.s. task force deployed in the Persian gulf emptied its conventional armaments to destroy it.

News of the alien involvement in the Persian gulf war was first revealed when pentagon intelligence reports of the U.S. armed forces performance were partially disclosed in Washington. For security reasons, much of the sensitive information is still classified top secret. Rumors of the UFO incident were verified by London based reporter Anthony Edens, who gained access to the joint American-british accounts of the UFO incident, revealed in London.

The UFO skirmish is by far the most pertinent military knowledge gained from the Persian Gulf War, says Edens. The sophisticated military hardware of the United Stateswas not only superior to Saddam Hussein's feared Republican guard troops but also to the UFO.

The hunt for the UFO debris was reportedly delayed until the memorial day weekend, when President Bush issued an executive order to recover the downed spacecraft. Intelligence analysts are relying on space satellite transmissions of the Persian gulf to race the whereabouts of the UFO debris. Respected UFOlogist Craig Shopley says if the UFO incident resulted in the death of any aliens, the results could be devastating for all mankind.

“Alien spacecraft are probably monitoring the earth to learn more about us”, he says. “I'm sure that many americans will disappear this summer, and will be abducted by aliens who want to interrogate them about the gulf war.”

FULL STORY: https://web.archive.org/web/2002061...om/en/fringe/abductees_contactees/ufo009.html

Interestingly the above site claims that the object was eventually shot down by a Tomahawk missile (N.B. this is a land-attack cruise missile.) Any thoughts?

(My personal belief is that the story doesn't fly. The missile is just plain wrong, but it would be interesting to try and chase down the roots of the story. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right about the Tomahawk missile, that sounds like an embellishment to me. But even so, according to FT this story came to light because of a declassified document, so it would be ideal to get a copy of this or at least a transcript.
The thing that confuses me is, which President Bush are we talking about when recovering the debris - if it's the current Prez, then why have they waited ten years to begin the recovery?

Sounds like someone's talking out of his bum, to me. Any Navy types here care to comment on the existence (or otherwise) of HMS Jupiter? I've never heard of her.

And finally...

I managed to track down the original article which FT refers to in Warship World magazine. Unfortunately, their source is "here is a story we found on the Internet" and "a well known UFO researcher claims to have secret declassified documents which claims that..." etc.etc.

*Sigh*

You can see for yourself on navybooks.com.

Lets have a butchers, shall we?

First off:
although every ship in the u.s. task force deployed in the Persian gulf emptied its conventional armaments to destroy it.

Well, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If all of the conventional weaponry had been exhausted, the entire task force would have been vulnerable. No admiral in their right mind would have sanctioned emptying all the arsenals.

Next:
For security reasons, much of the sensitive information is still classified top secret. Rumors of the UFO incident were verified by London based reporter Anthony Edens, who gained access to the joint American-british accounts of the UFO incident, revealed in London.

Classified top secret, and then revealed in London - so it was the Brits who blabbed, eh?

Next:
The sophisticated military hardware of the United States was not only superior to Saddam Hussein's feared Republican guard troops but also to the UFO.

A bit of flag and apple pie....and all this despite having apparently emptied their entire stock of weaponry. What if there'd been two UFOs?

Next:
Respected UFOlogist Craig Shopley...
Anyone else respect him out there?

..says if the UFO incident resulted in the death of any aliens, the results could be devastating for all mankind.

On the other hand, they may thank us for destroying the escape pod of Ming the Merciless: an equally justifiable theory given the evidence to hand. The respected Shopley continues:
“Alien spacecraft are probably monitoring the earth to learn more about us”, he says. “I'm sure that many americans will disappear this summer, and will be abducted by aliens who want to interrogate them about the gulf war.”

Have many Americans vanished since then? And if so, how many were Gulf Vets or military brass, or indeed anybody who would know enough about the Gulf War to be worth abducting? As most abductees tend to be in the mould of Zeke Scruggins of Redneck Co, Arkansas, I would suggest not that many.

I reckon it was one of those metallic helium birthday baloons: they fly erratically, would be hard to hit with conventional weaponry (particularly when windy!) and can look quite big if viewed at close range via binoculars.

Conclusion: it's cobblers.

I think we can safely say this is very, very smelly Bantha poodoo.
Of course, if it takes an entire fleet to knock down one of their recce aircraft, then I think we're all going to die, having comitted an act of war against some very scary people.

Inverurie Jones said:
Any Navy types here care to comment on the existence (or otherwise) of HMS Jupiter? I've never heard of her.
Neither had I but Google turns up a pic of her here.
She's a frigate, F60. Another pic here.

I'll see what else I can turn up.

rynner said:
Neither had I but Google turns up a pic of her here.
She's a frigate, F60.

I'll see what else I can turn up.

The first thing that I did was check out the vessels named. HMS Jupiter and HMS Battleaxe did take part in Operation Granby (the UK's name for the Gulf war.)

To be honest I reckon that it is likely to be pants, but it was the refernce to de-classified documents that got my attention. This should be a story that we can nail one way or the other. (Just got to track down the "original" source...:( )

Fortis said:
...it was the refernce to de-classified documents that got my attention. This should be a story that we can nail one way or the other. (Just got to track down the "original" source...:( )
No joy with 'Anthony Edens' on Google, apart from this UFO story. You'd have thought a journalist's name would be all over the place...

rynner said:
No joy with 'Anthony Edens' on Google, apart from this UFO story. You'd have thought a journalist's name would be all over the place...

I've also tried BT's directory enquiries. Plenty of people with the surname Eden, but no-one with the surname Edens. Could be X-Directory but hmmmm...

i think we all wonder if advanced military hardware has come from downed UFOs.

but then we think 'but the alien technology would be super-advanced, you couldn't shoot it down, and it wouldn't just crash' don't we?

could UFOs be operating under rules of engagement that hinder them, making them easier to shoot down?

If I was a mothership commander in 900 years, investigating a flux-period planet, we would probably be under strict rules of engagement to not use weaponry, and possibly ships not be armed at all. But I would probably be under stricter orders not to let technology fall into the locals' hands.

And you know, I think that star-trek 'shields' probably don't exist in even 1000 years. Everything would be vulnerable then.

5 paragraphs of out-loud thought!

Fortis said:
I've also tried BT's directory enquiries. Plenty of people with the surname Eden, but no-one with the surname Edens. Could be X-Directory but hmmmm...

Just done a search using uk info disk, there are 185 Edens in the UK & two Anthony Edens's, neither of them was living in London.

It also doesen't allow for a bloke using his middle name as a first name!!!!

Back