• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Photographs

taras

Least Haunted
A thought which occurred earlier:

Linking two fortean phenomena together: the theory that people who see UFOs are actually having some kind of hallucination/mental episode could be combined with the one where people print images onto film using their mind. Therefore, UFO photos are simply projections from the mind; thus corroborating stories etc...

Sorry, that was difficult to explain.

Seems fairly straightforward -- a "Ted Serios" effect printing a mental image on the film. This could explain all sorts of "it wasn't there when I shot the pic" type scenarios. It would also work for single witnesses taking pictures of what they see. Possibly, the hallucinater could also cause others around them to see the same thing.

Of course, our friend the Virgin Queen would posit that the UFO is actually a tulpa brought into reality by the observer's mind!

I do agree that it's possible but aren't the mental projections shown to be quite fuzzy on the photograph when it's been done?

Most UFO photographs I've seen - not the fuzzy over-zoomed for books ones - are crystal clear, if tiny within the frame of the photo.

I've seen some amazingly clear ones taken in switzerland where the air-quality is superb and therefore you can see good details! It was on a good London-based site though I can't remember which one! Sorry.

Chant said:
I've seen some amazingly clear ones taken in switzerland where the air-quality is superb and therefore you can see good details! It was on a good London-based site though I can't remember which one! Sorry.
Was it these perchance was it? If so, yes, they are very clear, mostly on account of being fake - worry not, he fooled a lot of the UFO clan for years.

Hang on a sec. I don't think they are. Let me check and I'll try and find the site to see for sure. Good tho, aren't they?:D

It's on http://www.crowdedskies.com under the photogallery.

edit - I am outraged and aggrieved. Yes Mr Neville, it appears you are correct! But I don't know about some of the other photographs on the site so I'll leave the link in for anyone intersted in the ones OTHER than the really good swiss fakes:hmm:

stu neville said:
Was it these perchance was it? If so, yes, they are very clear, mostly on account of being fake - worry not, he fooled a lot of the UFO clan for years.
Hub Cap Heaven! :p

Back