• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs and balloons

azuredoor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all,

Just my report of seeing a very strange balloon fly past my house. I think it is interesting to note the speed and direction changes, that some people might mistake for intelligence.

I was standing in my back garden looking east when I saw a large red and yellow object fly in from my left and pass low and very quickly in front of me to my right. It seemed to be going rather fast. Lucky I had my camera in hand to take pictures, which I did. Then the object appeared to change direction and was moving away from me rather than passing in front of me. Because the object was moving directly away from me, it did not appear to be moving much at all, just getting smaller, although I did get the impression it was moving slower. I continued to watch as it went into the distance. Then it seemed to go vertically upwards and disappeared into the clouds.

If it wasn't for the photos I took which clearly show the tether of the balloon, this object could have been easily mistaken for a UFO, because of its strange shape and its movements.

I have attached a pic.

IMG_0387_1.jpg

PS Where do you get these odd balloons?

It looks as if it has floppy rabbit ears. Can you get ballons with rabbit ears?

Hi David, It was quite big, about the size of a human wearing a giant rabbit suit!

Maybe it was a space hopper filled with helium?

No it was way bigger than a space hopper

It was a UFO!!

Those cheeky aliens merely disguised their craft as an overlarge bunny-balloon to look fairly inconspicuous whilst drifting around Stockport town-centre on a Saturday afternoon observing our species.

All was going well until some scally called Jordan managed to grab the magneto-electro-plasma-botox drive that they'd designed to look like a length of narrow plastic ribbon dangling from the underside, again to cover over the real origins of their ship, and burn a small hole in one of the ears with his spliff.

As the gathered youths then peppered the ship with sodden spit-drenched bits of paper from their arsenal of McDonald's straws, the poor occupants of the craft fearing destruction and death as well as the depressurisation of their airborne rabbit-ship, made haste their escape in their damaged vessel careering at high speed at low level around the countryside before managing to regain control and take off, climbing to eighty miles above earth to dock with the enormous mother ship, masquerading as an oversize Thomas-The-Tank-Engine balloon.

They are currently sipping sweet tea and catching their breath after their frightening escapade, their humiliation complete in the fact that you, acetone, snapped them as they flew by in sheer panic.

Damn...you mean that culturless chavs have defeated the finest in the universe! Curse their bookless and tastless lives (the chavs that is :D ).
Viva space hopper stealth! But back to the drawing board.

This floating bunny had nothing to do with the Pink Floyd floating pig, right?

Pink (eyed, fluffy tailed) Floyd? :D ...sorry, back to the medication :oops:

Back