• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hopefully it won't sink without trace in the far-flung reaches of a 14 year old thread...but I'm guessing it will...

The 2005 thread has general references to "Skinwalkers" so I think that should stand.

Hopefully it won't sink without trace in the far-flung reaches of a 14 year old thread...but I'm guessing it will...

Your posts and the responses are at the end of the thread (which actually had posts in 2012) and will be the latest comments. If theres interest in the topic then it will remain high up in the General Forteana Forum.

But they didnt get many photos, did they? With all that electronic equipment they had you would think they had a few, unless all those orbs and stargates interferred with it

Nobody- the family, the NIDS researchers, the amateurs- have come up with anything significant! For a place branded the centre of paranormal phenomena with daily and nightly incredible activity it's pretty shocking how little "evidence" has been produced.

And yes, of course- the whole "equipment being interefered with" idea comes up often. And of course it may be the case that such anomalies do not allow themselves, or unable to be, recorded in such a fashion.

However, I am reminded of Sagan's dragon on the garage -

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Dragon.htm

Indeed, that might be the only possible way to experience some anomalies. I wouldn't rule that out. Alternatively there may be no anomolies to experience. I wouldn't rule that out either.

Watched the film today, it did make me jump a few times, but its the usual camera going all fizzy and liney at the crucial moments, only capturing glimpses, all in the dark, the film is found footage, and in it they find footage, overall it wiled away an hour or so.

Having just read the skinwalker article in this months FT, I would like to know what is all this skinwalker ranch stuff all about? Full report on my desk 9 am tomorrow morning please.

At this stage, who knows? It does look like a lot of very suggestible people spooking each other, but how accurate the stories about werewolves or whatever are have been lost in a muddle of conspiracy theories.

i have ordered the books "hunt for the skinwalker" "skinwalker ranch in the shadow of the ridge" and "reality denied first hand experiences with things that cant happen but did" so i will know the truth very shortly.

There are a lot of vids on Youtube about it, search NIDS or Skinwalker Ranch.......as for the truth...well.....

Having just read the skinwalker article in this months FT, I would like to know what is all this skinwalker ranch stuff all about? Full report on my desk 9 am tomorrow morning please.

There is a great description and set of theories of what is going on in a couple of episodes of the Astonishing Legends podcast. Fascinating stuff.

The Astonishing Legends podcast series is a good way to learn about the stuff supposedly going on. And they bring up a useful point that even though it sounds like a nifty plan to do an intensive study at a hot spot, weird things are still occurring only rarely. I really don't think they got anything worth sharing. Recall that Bigelow is the guy involved in the Pentagon AATIP black money reveal. I think there is some question about if he currently still owns the ranch. I went to a cryptid conference in Kentucky in September and the Keel-ian ideas of Skinwalker Ranch have really permeated throughout the field right now. It was a thread that went through the entire conference. Blake Smith and Jeb Card and I talked about it a bit on various podcasts. Skinwalker Ranch seems to be the location where the ideas of a paranormal unified field theory (PUFT) have really taken shape.

The Astonishing Legends podcast series is a good way to learn about the stuff supposedly going on. And they bring up a useful point that even though it sounds like a nifty plan to do an intensive study at a hot spot, weird things are still occurring only rarely. I really don't think they got anything worth sharing. Recall that Bigelow is the guy involved in the Pentagon AATIP black money reveal. I think there is some question about if he currently still owns the ranch. I went to a cryptid conference in Kentucky in September and the Keel-ian ideas of Skinwalker Ranch have really permeated throughout the field right now. It was a thread that went through the entire conference. Blake Smith and Jeb Card and I talked about it a bit on various podcasts. Skinwalker Ranch seems to be the location where the ideas of a paranormal unified field theory (PUFT) have really taken shape.
wait you actually believe in the paranormal?
i thought you were an skeptic

wait you actually believe in the paranormal?
i thought you were an skeptic

You have made many assumptions here.

I'm interested in paranormal topics and write about them. I don't have to "believe" in the reality of the paranormal conclusions to enjoy discussing and researching them and finding out what really is going on. To have such experiences is part of human culture and, therefore, it's worth studying (as folklorists, historians, and psychologists do). I don't like labels - they are limiting. I no longer label myself "a Skeptic" because, as you suggested, it puts me in a category I don't want to be in and some groups exclude those who don't toe their line of personal beliefs. But to be clear, I hold that various claims that seem paranormal likely have a normal explanation, or we just don't know what happened yet. I do rely on scientific knowledge, logic, and reason to assess claims. But if that is being a "skeptic" then lots of people here are that as well since we don't just swallow wild claims without question.

Two quotes sum up my personal attitude. I have to paraphrase, but one is Jung's comment on not making the fashionably stupid mistake to assume everything that I cannot explain to be fraud. The other, no idea who said it but it was about being open minded, but so much that the brain actually falls out.

Indeed. I don't make unwarranted assumptions as to the cause. I'm fine living with "I don't know." I don't jump to "therefore, paranormal."
i think that we are dealing with some kind of very powerfull entity of unknow origins that communicates with humanity with those events, like jacques vallee said

i think that we are dealing with some kind of very powerfull entity of unknow origins that communicates with humanity with those events, like jacques vallee said
You can think whatever you want. I prefer to try and use what good evidence there is to find out what might actually be going on.

With only a scant previous knowledge of this story & having listened to some of the Astonishing Legends podcast, I'm having difficulty believing much of it. Is there any photo or video evidence of weirdness happening at the time?

With so much supposedly going on you'd think there would be plenty of scope. For example, they mention as part of their 'things going missing' series, a post hole driller, a heavy piece of kit apparently, which disappeared from an outhouse to be found several weeks later up a tree. If this happened to me, I think I'd take a few photos or video. Is there anything or is it all word of mouth?

So, I'm sitting on the rank waiting for a job, reading the Skinwalker Ranch article in FT, radio is playing an SD card that I load with various podcasts,on comes one with an interview with John Alexander the chap who wrote the article. Remember replying to this thread,ok I get the hint. Get tablet out of glovebox and download Reality Denied. Bit of a disjointed read so far (the book, not my post...well ,yeah that too).
I'm amazed the amount of times I read something that I've not heard about before, then within a day or so hear about it on radio/online/whatever.

i have finished reading reality denied, hunt for the skin walker and skinwalker ranch, in the shadow of the ridge. In the shadow of the ridge is a novel "based on actual events" it is also a boring read and is not worth the effort. Reality denied only briefly touches on the skin walker ranch,but i found everything in the book very interesting, the ghost story was very spooky, i only wish something like that happened to me on a ghost hunt. Also recommend is hunt for the skinwalker, although at the end they fling their hands up and say buggered if i know, its a thought provoking read.

Back