• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Very strange occurance

steviem65

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Last Sunday, 21st Sept, i was at my nephew's christening. On my way out of the church myself and 3 others stopped at the end of the road to take a picture of the church. As we were doing so a woman walked between us towards the church. When we got the pictures the woman was nowhere to be seen in two photo's that were taken, she should be in the foreground.
There was definately no way she could have gotten out of the frame, the left hand just out of shot is a wall separating the church from a school. My mother was standing at the church and she says that she watched us taking the pictures but never saw anyone else. All four of who were together agree that she was there.

I have seen many examples of something/someone appearing in a picture that wasn't seen when the picture was taken but this is the first time i have come across this, is this a normal occurance.

Not taking the piss here but could she have got into one of the cars while you were focusing the camera? Daft sounding but perhaps possible?

Not daft sounding at all, but as can be seen, the car park is to the right of the church and this woman was walking striaght ahead and there is no place to park around the corner, it just comes to a dead end (no pun intended).

I don't want to sound impertenant here but, if you wanted to take a picture of the church, why on earth would you take it with a complete stranger in the foreground? I don't really understand the basic scenario here. :confused:

Scenario is, nephews christening, family standing outside church, took picture of family outside church as i was leaving. simple really.. not rocket science.

I remember many many years ago I took a pic of some landmark somewhere and when I got it developed there was a woman at the bottom of the frame staring at the camera, everyone asks "who;s she?" I have no idea, she obviously walked into shot as I was pressing the shutter ...

Let's Get This Straight...

We're supposed to be looking at a picture of a church, in Dumbarton, taken after a christening, to confirm that someone, or something's, not there?

You must take us for a right bunch of dumplings!! :rofl:

Has the original post been edited to take the pic out? Even more bizarre! lol

Yes! I can definately not see the woman in that pic in the link...

How strange!:D

steviem said:
Scenario is, nephews christening, family standing outside church, took picture of family outside church as i was leaving. simple really.. not rocket science.
Unlike my post, which was apparently quantum physics. :hmph:

Amazing. There's definately not a UFO in the top right hand corner, and theres no evidence whatsoever that something isn't lurking in the bushes to the bottom right.

Back