• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Whatever Happened To Time Travel?

KarlD

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Time travel?

there was an article a couple of month back in the magazine in which some guy was wibbling about time storms and the thing which caught my eye was an off the cuff remark he made about having proved a connection between electromagnetism and gravity, he basically said he could prove it but there wasn't space in the margin or some such.
So anyway as most of the more intense physics research over the past 50 years has been a fruitless search for a grand unified theory which would show that electromagnetism and gravity where part of the same phenomena only at different energy levels and although it has produced some spectacularly inpenetrable mathematics papers it has so far failed.I wrote to the author of the article suggesting that he was in line for a nobel prize in physics and he should publish and be damned, expose his results to peer review, but so far the silence has been deafening. Anyone know whats happening or is he just another chancer writing dribble in the hope that his audience is as scientificaly illiterate as he is?

I think what i am saying is

If you are going to try to explain your pet delusional theory which 'proves' that you have just invented an anti-gravity device using pseudo-science in the hope that it will impress people who don't know any better, don't forget that there are people who might read your proof and actualy know what they are talking about.

There have been tons of articles and stories about "scientists" claiming to have discovered fantastic new thingies etc, and none of them have come through, they've just faded away. TYime travel, free energy, perpetual motion machines etc... twaddle. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nooo

I was burbling about the article that appeared in FT a couple of months ago, I desided that as the original author wasn't going to submit his findings to physics letters for peer review I should write about it here.
It was partly out of surprise that FT should publish such a starnge article more suitable for some magazine that prints stories about how to avoid being abducted by aliens(again)

This episode of The Why Files explores the home-made time machine of Mike “Mad Man” Marcum.
Contains some nice footage of the Art Bell C2C interview too.

Time travel?

there was an article a couple of month back in the magazine in which some guy was wibbling about time storms and the thing which caught my eye was an off the cuff remark he made about having proved a connection between electromagnetism and gravity, he basically said he could prove it but there wasn't space in the margin or some such.
So anyway as most of the more intense physics research over the past 50 years has been a fruitless search for a grand unified theory which would show that electromagnetism and gravity where part of the same phenomena only at different energy levels and although it has produced some spectacularly inpenetrable mathematics papers it has so far failed.I wrote to the author of the article suggesting that he was in line for a nobel prize in physics and he should publish and be damned, expose his results to peer review, but so far the silence has been deafening. Anyone know whats happening or is he just another chancer writing dribble in the hope that his audience is as scientificaly illiterate as he is?
The problem is in the enormous amount of variables. Maybe faster super computers will be able to tie these together.

Back