• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Will This Be The Halloween When Houdini Returns?

AlienView

"Stargate Explorer"
All Houdini fans take note As Fortean Times crosses over - Let's see if we can bring back Houdini !!!

Let's see if this seance works.......

Ready?

seance.png

https---cdn.evbuc.com-images-48510143-238856088026-1-original%2Bcopy.jpg

Fort%20Fate%20Magazine.jpg

Houdini final seance

Last edited:
'Supposedly Houdini's wife admitted that through medium Arthur Ford a secret code Houdini gave her
before death to establish proof of afterlife communication had been transmitted
- However, for reasons not fully known, she later recanted and said no?

Here is a brief YouTube video describing this:

Into The Unknown Part II- Unlocking the Houdini Code

Now, a rather complete, rest of the story:

The Successful Séance: Houdini May Have Spoken From Beyond the Grave, But No One Bothered to Listen

"
The Houdini Séances are an American tradition dating back to 1926. Every Halloween, the anniversary of the magician’s death, groups around the country gather together by candlelight in an attempt to summon the Great Escapist from beyond the grave. Each and every time, Houdini fails to show his ghostly face, the candles are blown out, and the seance is proclaimed unsuccessful. Or so we’re told. What the skeptics conveniently leave out is that one such séance, performed just two years after the magician’s death, proved so successful that Houdini’s wife issued a signed statement of it’s legitimacy to the press.

You would think that such a monumental occasion would be more of a focal point in the history of the world’s most famous magician, but instead, the successful séance became the target of an organized attempt to rewrite history. Harry Houdini may have returned from the grave on January 8, 1929, only to be pushed right back in by unbelievers with an agenda..........."

See whole story here:
http://weekinweird.com/2016/01/27/successful-seance-houdini-spoke-from-beyond-the-grave/

"“Regardless of any statements made to the contrary, I wish to declare that the message in its entirety and in the agreed-upon sequence, given to me by Arthur Ford is the correct message pre-arranged between Mr. Houdini and myself.”

Voila - The resurrection of Harry Houdini:

600full-harry-houdini.jpg

"Fear not ForteanTimes fans, when the platform crosses over
to the other side - I will still be there"
- Harry Houdini

Last edited:
Now fellow Fortean believers I want to ask you something - Assuming you believe in life after death
{a contradiction - as it could not be an afterlife if death is fact - some don't believe in death?}
But a so called afterlife, another plain of existence where the so-called 'ghosts' exist.
Possible? - Let's assume its possible - Let's assume the master magician and escape artist known as
Harry Houdini woke up one day and found he no longer existed in the world where he was born.

So the fans, including his beloved wife, were grieving - Houdini taken so soon, at the top of his
career, with so much more to give to a World that loved him - or at least loved his magic.

And we ask how would this master escape artist magician escape death?

By appearing at a seance - seances which Houdini often debunked {some say a cause of his early demise}
- No, I don't think so - Houdini was too great a player on the World stage to appear as a disincarnate
spirit - But it is possible he would verify a secret code between himself and his beloved wife.
That may have happened.

But you - You who really want to see the great Houdini alive and again in this world
- It will happen this way {if it happens at all}:

One day a great escape artist/magician will appear in front of a live audience,
stare at the audience with Houdini like piercing eyes, and say "I am Harry Houdini"

He will then perform an escape trick rivaling anything Houdini ever did in his past life.

And finish by quoting himself - Possibly saying something like:

quotes_cites_1584.jpg

And he will have almost perfect recall of his past life as the original 'Harry Houdini'

Not at a seance - But at a sold-out crowd of magic fans - Here, here you will again see
"Harry Houdini" !!!

Houdini+the+spy+ex+spions+dot+webs.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to think of Houdini's 'message from beyond if there's a beyond' as a dead issue (pun intended), because:

- Houdini's mystique was peculiar to the times, insofar as he was unique as a master of the escape artist genre (which, after all, he essentially created). Since his time his escapes have been successfully replicated to the point that anyone can seem to be a 'Houdini'.

- Another side-effect of Houdini's fame is the mass of biographical and other literature about him. He's so well-documented one must wonder what evidence could be offered that couldn't have been obtained from sources on 'this side of the veil'. How could anyone verify something expressed or submitted by a 'Houdini claimant' must be Houdini himself?

- Houdini was fairly precise and exacting when debunking spiritualists, etc. In light of this I've never understood why he was comparatively casual or sloppy in setting up the final and most significant experiment of all (if he actually set up such an experiment in the first place). He allegedly left a coded message only with his wife - a simple two-word code phrase, one word of which was the title of their favorite song. There was no independently verifiable record of the code (e.g., a notarized document secured in a safe deposit box, etc.). Finally, his widow essentially 'blew it' in first approving a message from the 1929 annual séance as valid, only to retract that approval and even claim the apparently successful incident had been faked.

The mythic experiment can never validate its intended point, because it was poorly designed and executed.

Back