• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Would You Do It? (Spend a Night in a Haunted Place)

carole said:
What phenomena did you have, then, Oll??

Carole

2 solid looking ghost cats, a polter gist (that one folowed me from one house to another for 2 years).
I think I've posted the full storys in the ghost section as well as some other ghosty stuff thats hapened to me.
if anyone wants any futher info then feal free to pm me.

Staying in a haunted house might be fun, as long as it wasn't too run-down. If it was in bad shape, I'd be scared of the floor falling in! But the hauntedness itself I don't think would bother me - most of being scared is in your mind, and I'm used to my mind spooking me.

Forests though, no way. Too many creepy-crawlies and slimy things in forests.

Caroline said:
Will be doing the haunted house bit on Thursday, but not alone. May post back here especially if anything happens.
Ok, stayed Hallowe'en in Wymering Manor which is now a youth hostel. Stayed up late (relatively) watching horror films and having a nice civilized drink. When it got late went to bed in one of the dormitories, unfortunately not the supposedly haunted one as it is out of commision awaiting repairs.As I lay in bed waiting to go to sleep I distinctly felt the mattress behind my back depress as though someone had sat down then immediately got back up. I got no impression of anybody being in the room with me and wasn't frightened in the slightest, in fact my impression of what happened was more that it was a mistake an 'oops I thought this bed was empty, my mistake!'so more ho hum than aaaaah!

I'd pay, not a huge amount (especially at the moment) but I would pay to stay somewhere haunted. The atmosphere you alone create would be great. Not sure if could do it alone tho, not quite so much fun either.:)

I definitely wouldn't go alone, but I might just be convinced to go with a friend or two. I'd still be scared though, because I have a very fertile imagination and would probably end up gibbering in a corner :rolleyes:

Did anyone see that programme a while back (Channel 4 I think) where these people had to spend the night in an old abandoned hospital (?) and had to do stupid tasks like lie in a mortuary drawer for 3 minutes or walk down a really long corridor in complete darkness. It freaked me out just watching it... :eek!!!!:

MTV fear does that. Quite creepy program, once again asking 'what would you do for an exhorbitant amount of money?' . Supposedly the first in the series just put the contestants into a haunted house and got them to do challenges without interference, but now they add in special effects to scare them even more. A shame really because if something real did happen, the viewer would just assume it's a trick.

Still, am not sure I could cope with that kind of setting.

Yep, I'd do it no problem. I'd like to see this sort of phenomena first hand too :).

If I was going to try and obtain proof, I'd go with company simply for corroboration, but if just to satisfy my own curiosity I'd do it on my own.

i wish i could get on there. i would have soooo much fun messing with their heads. i'd turn off my "head-cam" to make them think "something" got to the electronics, but leave the audio on and just start mumbling demonic jibberish and the take some fake blood and smear it on me and turn the camera back on.

yeah, something like that :D

Back