• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wow! Just seen a ghost...I think...

FilthyleDog

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Off work sick today, just with a mild kidney infection, nothing too hallucinogenic, and popped round the corner about 30 minutes ago to the local offy to get some milk. Just as I got near the shop I saw a middle aged bloke, looking pretty unkempt, crossing the road and going into the shop.
"Mmm," I thought to myself, "no doubt just off for his lunch in the form of a bottle of White Lightning..." as, I'm afraid to say, he totally resembled the stereotypical unemployed, daytime drunk. Seconds later...and I mean seconds - like four or five at the most - I followed him into the shop only to find the shopkeeper there, (who looks nothing like this bloke I'd just seen go in) and nobody else. It's a pretty tiny shop, and the only way this bloke could have vanished was to go through to the back, but considering how slow he was crossing the road, and the fact that the shopkeeper was bending down behind the counter, I couldn't see how he could have got into the shop and gone through in such a short space of time.
Intruiged I asked the shopkeeper if anybody else had just come in...
"No," he said, "you're the first person in today..." :eek!!!!: [cue Twilight Zone music]...
Strange, but true...

Hi there,

Sounds like you seen a spirit for sure, ive not seen one yet (that i know of) but hope to as death will look like a bit of a S&*@$ to me other wise.

I 'see' people in the same way, and so do other members of my family, especially my mother.

Remember the amusing funeral scene in 'Ghost', where the girl waves to Swayze and then walks into a gravestone? The joke is that he thinks she's a normal human who can somehow see him, until she disappears.

I wonder who Filthy's ghostie is. Maybe he doesn't know he's dead yet!

Filthy le Dog said:
popped round the corner about 30 minutes ago to the local offy to get some milk.

Some milk????

Yes, ;) milk!

Honest!

:D

I don't normally see these things - very very rarely in fact.

I did have a time-slip/ghostly experience quite a while ago and that, I think, was the last time... (see the IHTM section - Time Slip/Fancy Dress bit).

Some time ago on the "Anyone Seen a Ghost?" thread I wrote about the time I went into a bookshop in Woking and saw a woman browsing through the books whom I took to be a real person, but who promptly disappeared. Just how many people are we seeing who aren't really there?

And do we really go around rooting in book shops when we are dead?

Sounds better than haunting some miserable old graveyard somewhere...Actually the bookshop in question is now (horror of horrors) an estate agents.:eek!!!!:

Actually the bookshop in question is now (horror of horrors) an estate agents
Entirely deserves to be haunted then.

In fact, I bet estate agents have a few scary stories to tell, especially about visiting deserted houses alone, with no voice to hear but that of the wind howling down the hall and doors slamming by themselves upstairs.........:eek:

Back