• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Zinio v app

Shoegazer

Devoted Cultist
I am thinking of moving to electronic rather than a paper subscription. What are people's experiences of the ebook version? It seems to be available via Zinio or a dedicated app. Is one better than the other?

HAven't seen a dedicated app for it, but I have been reading it on Zinio on an iPad lately.

My one complaint is that it's harder to jump around the magazine (I used to read the columns first, including at the back, before moving on to the articles). That's the nature of e-publications (at least for now). I also don't get to scrawl odd notes into the margin. But at the same time, I also don't have the last year or so's magazines cluttering up my flat. (I still have the older ones cluttering up the flat, but I'm working on that.)

It's not exactly the same as reading a paper magazine, but it's good enough, I get it much faster (usually) than I did with a paper subscription, and it takes up a lot less space.

Back