• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The clothes would probably still be there now if it wasn't for the tv crew.
And when the boy found the gun, his Father had to keep phoning the police to tell them that he was sure it was the gun used in the murders.

Here's an interview with Steven Weiss (the boy who found the gun) as an adult. The video also shows archival news footage of him at the time of the guns discovery.

The clothes would probably still be there now if it wasn't for the tv crew.
And when the boy found the gun, his Father had to keep phoning the police to tell them that he was sure it was the gun used in the murders.
They weren't very professional in those days.
Surprising, for such an exclusive big-money area too.
If not for birdbrain Susan Atkins and her big mouth, they might all still be living out in the desert.
And supposedly they had plans for Frank Sinatra and Steve McQueen, big names like that.

Here's an interview with Steven Weiss (the boy who found the gun) as an adult. The video also shows archival news footage of him at the time of the guns discovery.

Great video!
And I can see now why the Zodiac killer got away for all these years.

Great video!
And I can see now why the Zodiac killer got away for all these years.

The YouTube Channel the above video came from is called 'Dearly Departed Online' and is run by Hollywood historian Scott Michaels. He's also a Manson historian and collector of Manson/Tate memorabilia. Amongst the celebrity videos on his channel, there are some fascinating and unique videos on the people involved in the Manson saga and often told from a different perspective from what we've come to know and believe.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DearlyDepartedOnline

The YouTube Channel the above video came from is called 'Dearly Departed Online' and is run by Hollywood historian Scott Michaels. He's also a Manson historian and collector of Manson/Tate memorabilia. Amongst the celebrity videos on his channel, there are some fascinating and unique videos on the people involved in the Manson saga and often told from a different perspective from what we've come to know and believe.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DearlyDepartedOnline
Thank you, fascinating! I just bookmarked that site to look at later, he has a video on Jayne Mansfield that I want to see!

They weren't very professional in those days.
Surprising, for such an exclusive big-money area too.
If not for birdbrain Susan Atkins and her big mouth, they might all still be living out in the desert.
And supposedly they had plans for Frank Sinatra and Steve McQueen, big names like that.
Yes. And I think the main problem was 'competition' between LAPD and the Sheriffs Department- withholding vital information from each other.

Can anyone tell me why Cielo is usually classed as 'Beverly Hills' or even sometimes Bel Air, when (it appears) it is actually in 'Beverly Glen'?

Can anyone tell me why Cielo is usually classed as 'Beverly Hills' or even sometimes Bel Air, when (it appears) it is actually in 'Beverly Glen'?
When I looked it up, it seems that Beverly Glen is just an area of Beverly Hills.
Reminds me of our mayor who told us that we are living in the 'Polish ghetto' part of this town. (Don't ask! :))

Thank you, fascinating! I just bookmarked that site to look at later, he has a video on Jayne Mansfield that I want to see!

Scott Michaels owns the car that Jayne Mansfield died in. I have a piece of the floor carpet upholstery from where she was sitting in my collection of unusual things that I purchased from him.

Scott Michaels owns the car that Jayne Mansfield died in. I have a piece of the floor carpet upholstery from where she was sitting in my collection of unusual things that I purchased from him.
OMG! Now that is really Fortean! And a true piece of history!!
Such a beautiful woman and a huge star, only to die in a horrible car wreck.
You are a real Fortean person!

I just watched the Mansfield 'Dearly Departed' video, exceptionally well done!
Very interesting and thorough investigation into her tragic death. At least her children lived through it.

When I looked it up, it seems that Beverly Glen is just an area of Beverly Hills.
Reminds me of our mayor who told us that we are living in the 'Polish ghetto' part of this town. (Don't ask! :))
But can you explain to me the U.S house numbering system because it doesn't seem to make sense?

What is it that doesn't make sense?
The numbers seem normal.
If you turn onto Royston, on the left the numbers start at 2827 then jump by 5,12,14,10,8,8,10. On the right hand side they start at 2822 and jump by 8,8.8.8.8.8.8.8 and then 4.

If you turn onto Royston, on the left the numbers start at 2827 then jump by 5,12,14,10,8,8,10. On the right hand side they start at 2822 and jump by 8,8.8.8.8.8.8.8 and then 4.
We have the same thing here, uneven numbering systems. The house across the street from me is one number less, the next corner house is 3 numbers more than our house. Sometimes it has to do with the size lot which the house is on. And California does its own thing.
I worked at a company that was on a street which was a completely different town, in other words the road ended in one town, and began in another town with a completely different street name. And the river was right next to the building, more confusion.
For years I had to explain to customers on the phone this address which they could never find. In the end I gave up and just said 'We are across the road from such-and-such auto body shop.' That did it! :)

lt’s the old “base reciprocal of the log of 7.29 recurring” system. You’ve never been to Brigadoon, l take it?

maximus otter

We have the same thing here, uneven numbering systems. The house across the street from me is one number less, the next corner house is 3 numbers more than our house. Sometimes it has to do with the size lot which the house is on. And California does its own thing.
Right. This is what I was trying to ascertain as I've noticed it a lot in the USA. It must blow the postie's mind.

On a serious note, l’m guessing that the lots were sold by acreage before any houses were built, and - as they do in computer programming, where code lines are numbered in tens to facilitate correction/updates - a block of maybe twenty potential house numbers was allocated to each parcel of land. Build one large house on a plot, the next house number increases by 20; build ten, and they go up in twos, etc.

maximus otter

Ever considered doing evens on one side and odds on the other, both going up BY TWO and ONLY TWO per house?
Trying to suggest anything to anyone in power is a total waste of breath, I am just happy to get my mail, which can be very hit-and-miss, it would help if the delivery people spoke English! :)

On a serious note, l’m guessing that the lots were sold by acreage before any houses were built, and - as they do in computer programming, where code lines are numbered in tens to facilitate correction/updates - a block of maybe twenty potential house numbers was allocated to each parcel of land. Build one large house on a plot, the next house number increases by 20; build ten, and they go up in twos, etc.

maximus otter
There are 2 houses on the lot where we live, we are numbered on one street, they are numbered for the street around the corner.
A mess.

maximus otter
Right. It's bugged me for years.

But on the example I gave (Royston Place) it doesn't seem that there would have ever been enough room because there are jumps of eight 8's and a 4 on one side and anywhere between jumps of 5 and 14 on the other.

Trying to suggest anything to anyone in power is a total waste of breath, I am just happy to get my mail, which can be very hit-and-miss, it would help if the delivery people spoke English! :)
That surprises me because normally you like things nice and straight and ordered (or so I thought). You even number your freeways and highways depending on whether they go N/S or E/W.

Back