• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

One of the deputy lab managers on a different floor, a young man, occasionally wears what look like pyjama bottoms to work. Somebody confirmed to me last week that they were indeed his pyjamas.
No bosses around to tell him off?

That’s Johnnie Fingers out of The Boomtown Rats that is.

6DBBA265-88E8-4D72-8A8C-29D0FC934BA3.jpeg

I find myself distraught at the state of the following inflatable trousers:

1714719990040.png

1714720025858.png

Yes, pop twits of yesteryear 'Take That' are back to haunt the dreams of the nation's whippersnappers; and what's worse is that they're bringing The Clothing of Beezlebub with them. They look like a bunch of crows that haven't got the hang of intermittent fasting. How dare they...haven't we suffered enough? The trousers should have a pentacle drawn around them at least. Only songsmith extraordinaire Gary Barlow has the good sense to resist appearing like a part-time funeral director who masquerades as a clown. As for his fellow vagabonds: I shall inform the authorities tout de suite.

Look on the bright side: Take That have cancelled their gig at the new Manchester Arena.
The latest turbulence in the series before it's even been able to open.

Look on the bright side: Take That have cancelled their gig at the new Manchester Arena.
The latest turbulence in the series before it's even been able to open.
Don't despair! They've moved them to the AO Arena so you can still catch them there.

View attachment 76311

View attachment 76313

Yes, pop twits of yesteryear 'Take That' are back to haunt the dreams of the nation's whippersnappers; and what's worse is that they're bringing The Clothing of Beezlebub with them. They look like a bunch of crows that haven't got the hang of intermittent fasting. How dare they...haven't we suffered enough? The trousers should have a pentacle drawn around them at least. Only songsmith extraordinaire Gary Barlow has the good sense to resist appearing like a part-time funeral director who masquerades as a clown. As for his fellow vagabonds: I shall inform the authorities tout de suite.
The guy on the right looks like he's wearing Darth Vader's helmet...the wrong way:omg:

View attachment 76311

View attachment 76313

I've found a larger picture of the ridiculous trousers.

0_events.jpg

Working in the supermarket, I am prime-placed to see clothing trends (although we are quite rural, so they are the clothing trends of several years ago which take a while to filter down to Kirkbymoorside).

We have: people shopping in their pyjamas, onesies, slippers etc. Those scrunch-bum leggings (which highlight a lovely arse and make a less than lovely one look as though the fabric is being sucked up their bumhole). Socks and 'sliders' (ie, designer flip flop things). That stupid haircut for men where it's short at the front and long at the back and just makes them look as though the barber got tired half way round. VERY short shorts.

My take away lesson on fashion from observing my customers is - ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BACK VIEW BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE.

We have: people shopping in their pyjamas, onesies, slippers etc. Those scrunch-bum leggings (which highlight a lovely arse and make a less than lovely one look as though the fabric is being sucked up their bumhole).
Lately, a couple of women have pulled their jumper down at the front to cover their leggings/yoga pants when they caught me looking.
Well, it's difficult not to.
That stupid haircut for men where it's short at the front and long at the back and just makes them look as though the barber got tired half way round.
Mullets are still in round your way?
My take away lesson on fashion from observing my customers is - ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BACK VIEW BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE.
Amen.

(Or any view for that matter).

@Swifty How about this as an idea for you?

View attachment 76370
Thanks but that's a hard swerve/no from me Kesa. I've got no intention to look like a contemporary internet teenage 14yr year old girl who thinks she knows what the 80's were all about. My jeans instead flow with the aroma of 'I've just caught three rock salmon. I'd better change my jeans before the Mrs comes home because they stink'.

Mullets are still in round your way?
When did they go away?:omg:

I think they disappeared here for maybe a decade. Just about 6 months ago, I overheard two teen girls discussing what a mullet was. They described it incorrectly and I spoke up and explained what a mullet is. It has come around again:chuckle:

Back