• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT433

The book review, Soren Lily's Unfortunate Ends (p60).

She recounts the demise of one Henry Constentin in 1267, who apparently "let his feet slip" while driving his cart, and fell onto a "certain pole of his cart, so that it penetrated his fundament".

Or at least, that's the story he told Brother Cadfael when he was rushed to ye olde Accidente And Emergencie at the local monastery....

"So you slipped and fell onto it and by a bizarre coincidence, it went straight into you. Well, we're not here to judge, serf Constentin".

In fact, an Ur-Example for this thread?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...d-rectal-insertions.69346/page-6#post-2260175

Mine arrived mid afternoon but as of yet I have been too busy to take it out of the envelope.

Mine arrived mid afternoon but as of yet I have been too busy to take it out of the envelope.

You get Saturday post in the afternoon? I can get Weekday post as late as 3PM, Saturday is always morning though.

Got it Saturday afternoon 'n' spent a pleasant afternoon reading it in the local pub.
Good 'n' bad, to me.
After all, I'd never heard of Garth Marenghi, so I didn't get the two-page joke.

Mine arrived this afternoon and for the first time in months it is actually in good condition. Not damaged, or ripped, or folded in half the wrong way so that the spine is snapped. And nor is it soaked through (as it was one time).

In all honestly, I've had no delivery problems with the new paper packaging.

My problems are entirely down to our local post service who seem to do their level best to ruin some items.

Got it Saturday afternoon 'n' spent a pleasant afternoon reading it in the local pub.
Good 'n' bad, to me.
After all, I'd never heard of Garth Marenghi, so I didn't get the two-page joke.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Glad I'm not the only one.
I laughed quite a lot reading the Garth Marenghi interview, but then I remember enjoying "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" on tv. Seems like it was ages ago. That was the first time I noticed Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry. The show seems to have joined "Broken News" and "Look Around You" in that tumbleweed-strewn wilderness where that kind of silly satirical tv that made me guffaw but no one else even noticed has ended up. And Morwenna Banks' ridiculously emphatic six-year-old schoolgirl is in the same category too ("It is! It's troooooooo!")

Funnily enough, on my You Tube 'suggestions' list of TV viewing suddenly suggested a show with the thumbnail featuring that schoolgirl character of Morwenna's. Couldn't remember the show at all ... but remembered that particular character as being funny.

Couldn't remember the show at all ... but remembered that particular character as being funny.
Absolutely was tremendous, and maintained consistent quality throughout (and still exists as an R4 radio series).
The show seems to have joined "Broken News" and "Look Around You" in that tumbleweed-strewn wilderness where that kind of silly satirical tv that made me guffaw but no one else even noticed has ended up.
Both great, especially Look Around You which did (admittedly) rely upon you having been of an age to watch both 1970s/80s schools science programmes and Tomorrow's World.

Finally finished 433 tonight.
One of the weakest FTs for a long time.
All the filler about AI was rather pointless and boring and part 2 of the Arthur C Clarke review lacked the impact of part 1.
Hope next month's is an improvement.

Back