• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Lets all have a slice of Cork style Battenberg cake.

battenberg.jpg

Lets all have a slice of Cork style Battenberg cake.

View attachment 76176
I got sent home from work today as I have a stinking cold and hacking cough. I guess the team were worried I would infect them all.
Then I get home, see ramonmercado’s post and have the mother of all hankerings for Battenberg cake. Even more than my all time favourites, coffee and walnut or a Bakewell tart.

I got sent home from work today as I have a stinking cold and hacking cough. I guess the team were worried I would infect them all.
Then I get home, see ramonmercado’s post and have the mother of all hankerings for Battenberg cake. Even more than my all time favourites, coffee and walnut or a Bakewell tart.

There's a documented link between cake consumption and recovery duration from colds. You'd probably be wise to have at least one Bakewell.

*this post may contain falsehood*

We've both had that cold. You'll be hacking/sneezing away for weeks with many new twists.
My nose ran continually one Thursday for all 8 hours at work and that was a good day.

Get the Battenberg in, you'll need it.
Also the strongest cough sweets and meds you can find, plus Otrivine at bedtime to stop the post-nasal drip from filling your lungs with gunge and making you cough all night. I slept much better after hearing that tip.

We've both had that cold. You'll be hacking/sneezing away for weeks with many new twists.
My nose ran continually one Thursday for all 8 hours at work and that was a good day.

Also the strongest cough sweets and meds you can find, plus Otrivine at bedtime to stop the post-nasal drip from filling your lungs with gunge and making you cough all night. I slept much better after hearing that tip.

I had something similar recently, and although the worst symptoms had cleared up after the statutory 7-8 days, the unpleasant morning slime lingered for practically another week.

My youngest daughter is the manager of a local Boots pharmacy. She swung by after her lunch to deliver a cough balsam (not linctus which she says is all sugar to coat the throat), a covonia throat spray and something to dry out the sinuses. I also have some codeine tablets on prescription that can suppress a cough…very handy at bedtime as they can help me sleep.

My youngest daughter is the manager of a local Boots pharmacy. She swung by after her lunch to deliver a cough balsam (not linctus which she says is all sugar to coat the throat), a covonia throat spray and something to dry out the sinuses. I also have some codeine tablets on prescription that can suppress a cough…very handy at bedtime as they can help me sleep.
She's a good girl. :bthumbup:

I'd still recommend the Otrivine. The paramedic who saw me at the practice (no actual doctors to hand) recommended it. Worked like a miracle.

The thing about Bakewell Tarts is that you can never stop at just one tart...

I’ve got to go into work tomorrow, cold or no cold.
I‘m being audited by external Lloyds auditors as the company look to get ISO 45001 certification.
Good luck. We had to be audited for ISO 9000 and whatever number it turned into, a few times. One of the visits was to our prison site which was the last stop of the day. The auditor rushed through all the other sites and asked if we could go to the prison early. Sorry, no we have to go at the agreed time or they won't grant access. So we had a very long lunch, he rushed through the prison visit where he was visibly nervous the whole time, and we got a pass!

Auditor stated he was very impressed both with the actual construction site and all the back up documentation. No minor NCR’s, nothing. Don’t suppose it will get me any closer to a bonus. Where I work bonuses fall in the same category as ghosts, UAP’s and Bigfoot. I’ll believe in one when I see it.

Auditor stated he was very impressed both with the actual construction site and all the back up documentation. No minor NCR’s, nothing. Don’t suppose it will get me any closer to a bonus. Where I work bonuses fall in the same category as ghosts, UAP’s and Bigfoot. I’ll believe in one when I see it.
Well done, despite my comment the inspections are pretty rigorous.

Back