• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

My primary school used Toilet Terrorism on us where children were not allowed inside to use the toilets at playtime. Not surprisingly, pant wettings were quite common.:rolleyes:
Entirely unreasonable behaviour. The parents should have done a mass protest.

Entirely unreasonable behaviour. The parents should have done a mass protest.
This was in the 80s. No-one cared about their children then.
Even worse, female students are allowed to use the toilets if they're on their period but have been given red cards to hold up to indicate this according to one report.
I'm starting to think they don't care in the 20s either.

Even worse, female students are allowed to use the toilets if they're on their period but have been given red cards to hold up to indicate this according to one report.

You mean “menstruating persons”, you h8r!

l was also appalled that there were only two loos pictured in the article, and that they were labelled “Boys” and “Girls”! What lesson does this teach our proudly 647-gendered (plus asexual, pansexual etc.) kids?

It’s positively mediaeval.

:rolleyes:

maximus otter

Wouldn't it be lovely to allow all children the freedom to go to the toilet, whenever nature calls!

Sadly, in many schools, this would result in a full bog and empty classrooms.

Attempts to police the bogs have provoked outrage for many years. One school used cctv to monitor entry and exit times, because
horrendous bullying and vandalism went on in the toilets. It was picked up by the tabloids and the cameras were removed, though they were never actually monitoring what went on in the toilets.

Schools have tried many ways to deal with these issues, only to have them pilloried as evidence of inhuman authoritarianism.

It is not a simple matter but the number of pupils doing the puzzling wee-dance to prove their desperation would probably by halved, if a line was drawn under the ridiculous water-bottle culture which has invaded learning-environments for two decades. :doh:

Last edited:
It is not a simple matter but the number of pupils doing the puzzling wee-dance to prove their desperation would probably by halved, if a line was drawn under the ridiculous water-bottle culture which has invaded learning-environments for two decades. :doh:
:dunno:

For sale at our Turkish supermarket:
20230211_165022.jpg

My primary school used Toilet Terrorism on us where children were not allowed inside to use the toilets at playtime. Not surprisingly, pant wettings were quite common.:rolleyes:
That reminds me in elementary school where a teacher decided that too many students were using the hall pass to go to the bathroom when they didn't need to. So they wouldn't let one young gal go, and after waiting as long as she could, she went anyway then and there. The stains were obvious on her jeans when going home, though she valiently tried to hold a folder in front of her. Fortunately, she wasn't an outsider from friends or a picked-upon lady, so she made it through the day fine and all us kids were supportive.

That reminds me in elementary school where a teacher decided that too many students were using the hall pass to go to the bathroom when they didn't need to. So they wouldn't let one young gal go, and after waiting as long as she could, she went anyway then and there. The stains were obvious on her jeans when going home, though she valiently tried to hold a folder in front of her. Fortunately, she wasn't an outsider from friends or a picked-upon lady, so she made it through the day fine and all us kids were supportive.
Ah, at least the others understood which is great. I don't remember much support going around at my school. Rather the time and place of wettings were remembered and brought up again. Strange since it could have happèned to anyone. I also remember that the teachers used to hang the wet pants on the childs coat hook so that all could see if they didn't know already. One particularly skittery pair sticks in my mind. Not sure if the poor girl ever lived it down!

The image of the cross could also be put to secular use. When builders were repairing or restoring parts of the palace at Whitehall, they painted red crosses on the new plaster. This was to prevent the common practice of pissing anywhere. It was believed that no one would dishonour the cross by urinating upon it.

Peter Ackroyd The Tudors

From what I have read, to answer an age old question who farts more men or women.

It seems it is an even tie, but women try to be more discreet about it.
Depends on the context. In my experience, well, from knowing and working with men, farting is an aspect of male bonding like banter or paying for rounds. They don't generally include women in it.

Whereas most women, as I can attest from long and direct personal experience, just aren't as interested in the comic possibilities of public flatulence.
Yup, beats me too. :dunno:

You do of course sometimes get a crossover.

Bumped into an ex a few years ago and we reminisced about the fun we'd had. :wink2:

He said, 'Y'know, I do believe I gave you your first... Dutch Oven.' :evillaugh:

He did too, the swine. :mad:

While talking toilets generally, allow me to grumble about a toilet seat I had to tighten yesterday, a simple task you may think?
Had to get ladders, remove top panel of cubicle then second panel, remove cistern handle and fittings, remove third panel and then last panel to access back of toilet in order to tighten loo seat fitting . An hour it took, just to tighten a bog seat . Bloody stupid builders.

While talking toilets generally, allow me to grumble about a toilet seat I had to tighten yesterday, a simple task you may think?
Had to get ladders, remove top panel of cubicle then second panel, remove cistern handle and fittings, remove third panel and then last panel to access back of toilet in order to tighten loo seat fitting . An hour it took, just to tighten a bog seat . Bloody stupid builders.
:nods:
The power behind the throne.

1683230441655.png

wolf1438
I remember in our company, they have decided to buy these refreshening rubber nets that goes into urinals. Me and my fellow colleagues convinced boss to buy green ones with football so you can aim when you are pissing. The look of these women in video is exactly same look as our female coworkers. There was also a question, if they get these too. Every colleague comes with surprised face and asked if they use urinals.

beefusmcqueefus12m
@wolf1438 there used to be a pub near where I went to college that had little pressure sensors all over the inside of the urinal that went back to a display. The display had a selection of mini games such as racing and whack a mole that you could play with your pee.

Not just taking the piss,

A man has embarked on a 3,000km (1,864 miles) kayak voyage in icy waters as part of a "poo-centric expedition".

Mike Keen, from Suffolk, is almost a month into his three-month paddle from Qaqortoq in the south of Greenland - to Qaanaaq in the north. Along the way, he is collecting poo samples from sea mammals to check the levels of microplastics. He is also only eating a Greenlandic diet - food that can foraged or hunted - as part of a microbiome study.

Mr Keen, who set off on 20 April and expects to complete his journey at the end of July/early August, described his mission as a "poo-centric expedition".

He said the "tough bit" so far had been the cold.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-65584115

There are women out there that fart like horses.....
Thought of you yesterday.

At work in a strictly quiet area I decided to pass some discreet and ladylike wind.
What actually occurred was a sound resembling in tone and duration the pre-rehearsal tuning-up exercises of the brass section of the London Symphony Orchestra.

I've still got it. :cool:

Back