• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I would ...

Its those eyes...reminds me of freddy the teddy, a cuddly toy from my childhood. :)

Heres a tip for bigfoot hunters that may bring more success in their searches. Dress up in one of these, lean against a tree and simply think about Britain - or your country s equivalent of Britain.o_O

gorilla-suit-130523.jpg

As George said ..... one of us needs to 'take one for the team' to solve this riddle once and for all.

Do I detect a sequel to the Tanker Question developing here? If so, Im out cos I dont live in the states.
emoticon-animal-016.gif

I read about this, too. The island is very small, just a couple of km, so I doubt a group of sasquatches live in absolute secrecy there, and one doesn't make any sense (took the ferry over?). When I first heard the sound of the howling, I thought it was a whale singing.
In the video for the article they show an aerial picture of the island. It appears to be quite close to a much larger landmass. Maybe the sasquatch swam over?

Thoughts prompted, of a section of Jonathan Raban’s book Passage to Juneau (published 1999), recounting a small-boat voyage made by the author through the island-strewn coastal waters between Seattle, and Juneau (Alaska). Raban tells of, at one stage of his journey, his passing by and in fact calling at a small island (only “a very few miles by a very few miles”) from which have come over the decades, regular sasquatch / bigfoot reports. I haven’t got the book to hand, and don’t remember the name of the island; but I’m sure it is not Cormorant Island, as in the recent report referenced here. I seem to recall (perhaps wrongly) that Raban’s island is in British Columbia waters, somewhere between the northern tip of Vancouver Island, and the Alaska border.

Raban states that the officially-published mariners’ “pilot” guide / route book for the waters concerned, mentions frequent sightings of what look like sasquatches, at one particular end of the island concerned; with the "pilot" thus speculating, possibly a family group? and its cautioning, re folk on boats landing there. Raban tells also, of there being people’s summer homes at the opposite end of the island. In fact, he landed at that end, and spent a night with a family holidaying in their summer home. He relates that the folk did not bring up the subject of ‘squatches; and since their small children were present, he did not raise the subject, not wanting to risk scaring the kids.

One might think, a propos bigfoot-questing: that the indications about the creature’s possible presence on this island – in something as sober and non-fanciful as a marine pilot book – might point to a possibly good spot for interested investigators to go and take a look. However, nothing has come my way in bigfoot-related stuff on the Net, telling of anyone trying to do so. I, at any rate, cannot but feel that there are a number of strange aspects to “Bigfootery” in North America – one being, that it could be suspected that bigfoot “hunters / researchers”, in actual fact do not want to find their quarry and lay the mystery to rest.

In the video for the article they show an aerial picture of the island. It appears to be quite close to a much larger landmass. Maybe the sasquatch swam over?

That reminds me of the so-called aquatic apes theory (discussed on this board on occasion), but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

There was this program a while back - same island?

There was this program a while back - same island?
Vancouver Island is a large island (check it out on Google maps). Alert Bay is off the north-east coast of the island, between Vancouver Island and mainland BC (which is pretty damned rugged!). It's confusing when the American video refers to the region as the 'northwest', as it is actually the southwest of Canada. Vancouver Island dips down below the Canada/US border; and the northern tip of Vancouver Island is still a long way to the Alaskan panhandle. The southern end of Vancouver Island (which contains the provincial capital, Victoria BC) is quite developed, although you still get bear and cougar problems (my sister had a cougar hanging around her house for a while and they had to get a hunter in to kill it). The coast of the mainland is very rugged and small communities north of Vancouver (the largest city in the province) are quite isolated.

Apparently they are strong swimmers. Many reports of them swimming wide rivers.

Well that's strange (er, relatively) because gorillas can't swim and you'd think Bigfoot would be close to their abilities in species. Can chimps swim? Don't think they can either.

Well that's strange (er, relatively) because gorillas can't swim and you'd think Bigfoot would be close to their abilities in species. Can chimps swim? Don't think they can either.

Maybe hes a hominid.

A DDG search on Apes Swimming turned up several stories from August 2013 which described a video showing a chimp swimming. eg:- http://earthsky.org/earth/first-video-of-apes-that-can-swim

But the video has gone AWOL because the YouTube account has been terminated...

Perhaps dedicated YouTubers can find a copy?

You'll be telling me elephants can jump next.

Elephants can swim.

Actually elephants *can* jump. They just choose not to, as it tends to involve broken legs when they come back down.

Right enough, my prediction came true - you did tell me elephants can jump next.

White people can jump too. Not sure about white elephants.

I think we're drifting off-topic. What we should really be asking is whether Bigfoot can jump.

I would say 'probably'.

Yeti and sasquatch are upright with longer legs. That might make them better swimmers.

Back