• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

I am genuinely at a loss to say anything.

So Heather Jones is "deeply sorry" and blames the fact that her husband was a bastard for feeding the kid to pigs .. I don't know where to start.

Words fail me ... child abuse proudly filmed, there's no doubt in my mind that this woman has not been arrested :mad:.. NSFW a distressing watch

I have recently started watching the TV programme Hoarders as it is kind of fascinating/horrible. Normally I have difficulty in sympathising with most of the people as they seem to be so selfish. However one episode had a man who was the son of a Nazi officer. The father wanted to make his son like himself and was always trying to toughen him up. One day the dad had cooked a meal and the kids ate it and he asked them if they had enjoyed it. They had. Then he told them it was their pet rabbit. He had actually killed and cooked the rabbit and served it to his children. It almost sounds like an urban legend. Just unbelievable.

I've not seen it - is this a 'reality' show?

Bear in mind that these are staged for maximum viewer impact. Whether there's 'fact' to it or it's fake news is open to question.

I've not seen it - is this a 'reality' show?

Bear in mind that these are staged for maximum viewer impact. Whether there's 'fact' to it or it's fake news is open to question.
Yes it is but I have watched a few of these and the "stories" behind the hoarding are never normally as lurid as that. In fact they are almost always stuff that happens to most people, folk dying, partners leaving etc. Added to that it was his sisters that told the story and not himself and it certainly had a ring of truth about it.

I'd prefer to think you were right and it never happened though!

Back to Swifty's 'Milwall Fuck 'em all" video. The best comment underneath is "Why would anyone want to fuck a mole?"

One day the dad had cooked a meal and the kids ate it and he asked them if they had enjoyed it. They had. Then he told them it was their pet rabbit. He had actually killed and cooked the rabbit and served it to his children. It almost sounds like an urban legend. Just unbelievable.

This actually happened to a Danish friend of mine - although it wasn't done to be malicious. The mother just served up one of their rabbits one evening, but didn't tell the kids until afterwards!

[QUOTE="min_bannister, post: 1671305, member: 4404"It almost sounds like an urban legend. Just unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Having spent time in support groups and forums for people with difficult parents, I'd say this type of story is one that crops up almost exclusively related to parents of the cold-blooded sociopath ilk. It's not super common, but not unheard of, either. That, and killing the child's pet to show dominance or teach the child to be "hard."

This actually happened to a Danish friend of mine - although it wasn't done to be malicious.

Umm, why was it done then?

Having spent time in support groups and forums for people with difficult parents, I'd say this type of story is one that crops up almost exclusively related to parents of the cold-blooded sociopath ilk. It's not super common, but not unheard of, either. That, and killing the child's pet to show dominance or teach the child to be "hard."
Ugh. Sometimes I think the quicker the human race dies out the better. :(

A 14-year-old boy who had been kept at home, reportedly since birth, by his parents in Israel has been freed and taken into care, police say.

Army radio said the boy had told police he was taken out into the building's courtyard in Hadera once or twice a month, generally at night.

He was also sometimes kept in a makeshift cage outside the apartment.

The parents, who have been arrested, say they acted out of concern for the boy's health.

Some residents had complained to the local municipality about the smell from the apartment.

One resident told army radio he had alerted the authorities after seeing the boy "like a zombie in a horror film" through a window.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39890828

A 14-year-old boy who had been kept at home, reportedly since birth, by his parents in Israel has been freed and taken into care, police say.

Army radio said the boy had told police he was taken out into the building's courtyard in Hadera once or twice a month, generally at night.

He was also sometimes kept in a makeshift cage outside the apartment.

The parents, who have been arrested, say they acted out of concern for the boy's health.

Some residents had complained to the local municipality about the smell from the apartment.

One resident told army radio he had alerted the authorities after seeing the boy "like a zombie in a horror film" through a window.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39890828

More on this story:

A 14-year-old boy Israeli boy was held captive by his parents in his home for at least eight years, only taken outside occasionally — inside a cage, authorities said Thursday.

Environmental workers who responded to complaints of an overpowering stench inside the building in the city of Hadera called police after they found a sealed apartment, which they thought contained a decayed body.

“The police knocked on the door and no one answered. They ultimately entered through the window,” city environmental chief Yitzhak Buzaglo told the Israeli Haaretz newspaper.

Once inside the cluttered apartment, cops were attacked by the disheveled parents and subdued them before they found the boy, who was clad in clothes that were too small on him, Buzaglo said. ...

http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/boy-rescued-from-cage-after-years-of-abuse-by-hoarder-parents/

Thatcher, being an occupationally derived name, looks odd as a Christian name.

Trying to think of a normal-sounding example of such a name in the praenomenal position. Taylor/Tailor?

Stephen Thatcher Maguire sounds for more natural and doesn't thrust the parents' politics on a child.

Thatcher, being an occupationally derived name, looks odd as a Christian name.

Trying to think of a normal-sounding example of such a name in the praenomenal position. Taylor/Tailor?

Stephen Thatcher Maguire sounds for more natural and doesn't thrust the parents' politics on a child.

I would also be worried if parents called son or daughter Corbyn.

Tory councillor names son after Margaret Thatcher
Robert Gledhill and Abbie Maguire say they called baby Thatcher Stephen Maguire because they wanted a name that stood out...

Christ on a bike...let's hope no-one does that with the current leader of the free world.

Oh, God - it's already going to have happened, isn't it.

I would also be worried if parents called son or daughter Corbyn.

But for some reason I'm quite liking the idea of Merkel. It sounds kind of ancient and slightly esoteric.

Back