• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Turn off the sound and watch the footage of The Limp Fallers Association:

Started by Australian cartoonist Paul Rigby, and apparently spread like an epidemic of men toppling like dominos in pubs from the 1950s onwards... but seems to have died out. Any of our more mature members remember these immature chaps?

Too many injuries caused it to die off?

Too many injuries caused it to die off?

I can't imagine there were no bumps and bruises, but the point seemed to be to let others break your fall most of the time. I suppose it's like a drinking game that got out of hand.

Turn off the sound and watch the footage of The Limp Fallers Association:

Started by Australian cartoonist Paul Rigby, and apparently spread like an epidemic of men toppling like dominos in pubs from the 1950s onwards... but seems to have died out. Any of our more mature members remember these immature chaps?

If they have formed some decades later, they would have been a hell of a troupe of stage divers....

And is their name a pun on "limp fellers"? I like to imagine that's how Australians talk.

Mystery mourner has been crashing every funeral at local church for 14 YEARS to tuck into free buffet at wake

It is claimed the unnamed woman has joined mourners at almost every funeral for the last 14 years and even chats to grieving family members and at one recent funeral ate buffet food ‘like there is no tomorrow’.

But it was revealed today that the bogus mourner is known to the local priest who said he had spoken to her and gleaned that she believes it is her “duty to attend as many church masses as possible.”

The bemused priest added that he could not stop her attending funerals, adding: “I can’t exactly say you can’t come here.”

Father Noah Connolly, of the Holy Redeemer Church in Slough, Berkshire, said the religious woman for some reason believed it was her duty to attend services.

He said: “Every funeral we have she comes and if there is a reception afterwards she makes her way to it without invitation.

“She is a Catholic woman and she is convinced she needs to go to as many masses as possible. She has been coming and going since I have been here for the past 14 years.”

Anyone else watch 'The man who followed funereals' An Inspector Montalbano episode.

INT21

Woman shouted ‘If you can’t beat them, eat them’ after biting detective

Megan McQuaide (18) was arrested after she was involved in a traffic accident in Barnesmore, Co Donegal, on June 24th.

Ms McQuaide, of Meadowbank Avenue, Strand Road, Derry, was found by gardaí standing in the middle of the road and was shouting and striking out at the emergency services.

She was a passenger in a car but was unhurt. She was taken by ambulance to hospital but had to be accompanied by gardaí because of her behaviour.

She was physically aggressive to hospital staff and was arrested for public order offences and taken to Letterkenny Garda station.

As she was being released into the care of her grandmother when leaving Letterkenny Garda station, she sank her teeth into the chest of a female Garda.

As she did so she shouted, “If you can beat them, eat them.”

Letterkenny District Court heard how the accused broke through two layers of clothing and broke the skin of the Garda, causing her severe bruising. ...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...hem-eat-them-after-biting-detective-1.3225520

I was wondering if I should put it in the Cannibalism thread.

Man In Australia Sets Himself Alight In Bank Because He Was ‘angry at being kept waiting’.

Nur Islam, 22, was caught on camera calmly entering the Commonwelath Bank in Springvale and then pouring petrol from a 20-litre container in the doorway.

It is believed Islam, from Myanmar, had wanted to withdraw $442 from his account but became angry because he had to wait a long time.

So he allegedly walked to a nearby service station and bought 11.33 litres of fuel for $14.71.

He then returned to the bank, poured the petrol in a trail from the ATMs into the bank’s interior before using a cigarette lighter to ignite the fuel, police claim.

Footage shows him bending down and igniting the fuel using a lighter from his pocket, which then sparks a large fire which engulfs his entire body.

Thick black smoke fills up in the bank as the fire continues to spread causing customers to flee.

The fire, which happened on November 18 last year, destroyed $2.5 million building and injured 33 people, including children.

Islam, who spent four months in hospital with burns to 60% of his body, appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court today and admitted to lighting the fire but said he ‘did not intend to hurt anyone’.

He told the court he was ‘angry at being kept waiting’.
He faces 108 charges in total including arson and property damage by fire.

His lawyer, Barnaby Johnson, said the footage showed Islam pouring petrol onto the floor, stepping in the centre of the puddle and appearing to have ‘deliberately lit himself’.

Mr Johnson added: ‘He suffered the most significant and catastrophic injuries as a result of this incident.’

Another white woman identifies as black incident. Cosmetic surgery & fake tanning involved.

Before

Tanning-Addict-Barbie-Wants-To-Be-Crispy-Brown-HOOKED-ON-THE-LOOK.jpg

And after. Good lord..

Tanning-Addict-Barbie-Wants-To-Be-Crispy-Brown-HOOKED-ON-THE-LOOK-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I
Another white woman identifies as black incident. Cosmetic surgery & fake tanning involved.

Before

And after. Good lord..

It begs the question of what sort of surgeon is prepared to carry out such surgery; in any civilised country this would be illegal. I'm about as liberal as they come, but the right to destroy yourself with medical/surgical intervention should surely be questioned...

I

It begs the question of what sort of surgeon is prepared to carry out such surgery; in any civilised country this would be illegal. I'm about as liberal as they come, but the right to destroy yourself with medical/surgical intervention should surely be questioned...

Totally agree! These people need help, not surgery. It's deeply immoral, IMHO.

I don't know if anyone here saw the repeat of The Good Old Days last Friday, but this chap was one of the acts:

That's him on the Johnny Carson show in the 70s. He started in the 1920s, with the same act. Russian, apparently. Yes, he really is eating a lit box of matches.

I think I saw an "eating machine" on Jonathan Ross's The Last Resort chat show in the 80s who was probably Monsieur Mange-Tout. Didn't he buy a light aircraft to eat, and had two sets of teeth simultaneously?

I think I saw an "eating machine" on Jonathan Ross's The Last Resort chat show in the 80s who was probably Monsieur Mange-Tout. Didn't he buy a light aircraft to eat, and had two sets of teeth simultaneously?
I to seem to remember someone eating a Cessna.

Monsieur Mangetout died of natural causes at the young age of 57.
Eating all that crap must have had some effect.

I remember seeing a photo of him with his mouth wide open and his teeth just looked like worn down little pegs with lots of fillings.

re disturbing breast surgery: an American bloke called Brian Zembic had breast implants in a $100,000 bet back in 1996. He was supposed to keep them for a year but liked them so much he stuck with the look.

These days he just has that normal middle aged saggy moob thing going and last I read, he was considering further 'perking' surgery.

I first read about him about 20 years ago in a magazine. Weirdo.

re disturbing breast surgery: an American bloke called Brian Zembic had breast implants in a $100,000 bet back in 1996. He was supposed to keep them for a year but liked them so much he stuck with the look.

These days he just has that normal middle aged saggy moob thing going and last I read, he was considering further 'perking' surgery.

I first read about him about 20 years ago in a magazine. Weirdo.

I saw him on an episode of "Botched" (show about botched plastic surgery and the 2 doctors who fix the problems). He's definitely a strange guy. Strangest thing about the episode was that when he was showing his breasts they didn't sensor it like the do with the female patients.

Back