• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Great Acts Of Stupidity

Well, at least it was him in there and not one of his followers.

He had been performing this "stunt" for ten years!

Perhaps he forgot to bring his own team along to tend the wok.

I'm wondering how it could be made to work as an illusion. Just not wondering hard enough to experiment!

Where is Ringo? :popc:

I have no idea what this guy thought he was doing. At least no one was hurt ...

Man Bites Phone Battery, Exploding Battery Wins
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5Ny85MzUvb3JpZ2luYWwvbWFuLWJpdGVzLXBob25lLmdpZg==

This just in: Phone batteries are not for biting.

That's a hard-learned lesson for a man who visited a Chinese electronic store shopping for a replacement battery and decided to apply his own technologically unsound method for verifying the batteries authenticity. He placed the battery into his mouth and bit down. The result? Pop goes the battery.

The footage, captured by the store's closed circuit TV, has been uploaded to Chinese video sharing site miaopai.com, as usually happens when there's footage of someone risking life and limb.

The Taiwan News reports that no one was injured in the resulting blast ...

SOURCE: https://www.livescience.com/61505-man-bites-phone-battery.html

A second later and it would be a lot easier to floss. How hard did he bite to be able to pierce the casing?

I'm not sure he would have had to breach the casing to cause a short or chemical reaction inside the battery.

I'm still wondering how biting a battery is supposed to yield a clue to its authenticity(?).

I'm not sure he would have had to breach the casing to cause a short or chemical reaction inside the battery.

I'm still wondering how biting a battery is supposed to yield a clue to its authenticity(?).
Perhaps he can sense the electricity with his teeth, or somebody told him he could.

A man has been hit by a train in Hyderabad while filming himself standing in front of it. :pop: Luckily he survived. Apparently India leads the world in selfie-related deaths.

A self-filmed video of a man who was hit by an Multi-Modal Transport System (MMTS) train in Hyderabad, India, has been viewed thousands of times online.

Gym trainer T Siva ignored warnings from a person nearby and the train driver while filming near Borabanda railway station on 21 January.

Mr Siva survived but has suffered head injuries, according to South Central Railways Police.

He has appeared in court and been fined 500 rupees ($7.87, £5.50).

Good grief. I'm quite pleased they cut the video before impact. Fits with the expression on your avatar. And fined £5.50 to add insult to injury.

It's like those people don't have eyes.
In some cases my guess is that the eyes of the drivers, and most of their attention, is on their mobile phones. There are some real shockers, virtually all of which are driver error in some form or other - steaming through a red light at a crossroads, what could possibly go wrong? I only saw one example of happenstance, when a car's windscreen was broken by a falling tree bough or similar. Other than that it was driver not paying attention, not driving to the conditions - it's wet, slow down! - etc etc.

I wasted a whole day yesterday on Youtube watching these numbskulls wield their 2 ton weapons on the innocent. The most common driver responses to the great acts of stupidity they witnessed or were victims of were "fffOOkin' idiot!!" and "shitting Peugot!!". The UK vids made me cry laughing.

This is a blog posting about a beach we visited on Iceland's south coast.

Long story short, it's very dangerous. There are 'sneaker waves' which suddenly well up and sweep people away. Our guide warned us to stay at least 20 metres away from the sea and we did, hard as it was to resist dodging the lovely roaring breakers.

You might like to scroll down and read about idiots who've been nearly killed there, with a photo or two.

The problem is that the beach is breathtakingly beautiful, with characteristic heavy black Icelandic sand, basalt caves and bizarre offshore rock formations. Tourists love it. We were amazed.

When we were there the weather was atrocious, with horizontal stinging rain that seemed to catch you square in the face whichever way you turned. We took rucks of photos anyway!

Extremely dangerous Waves by Reynisfjara and Kirkjufjara black Beaches in South-Iceland!

Awesome nature. That last vid of the sneaker at Coos Bay, Oregon is like a flash flood. Nobody would be able to resist such force. In such places, kids are taught from an early age to beware and avoid the dangers that visitors are usually totally oblivious of. The Australian Outback is a case in point. Recently, a German couple perished when they left their broken down vehicle in the desert to walk for help. Neither got more than about 2km before they suffered dehydration, went dizzy and fell over and got cooked. As kids we are taught not to camp in dry creekbeds or under large gum trees. Creeks dry 99% of the time can flash flood on a fine day if water cascades in from storms a hundred klicks away. My university lecturer went camping in the Flinders Ranges during term break and never returned to our tutorial class. He pitched his tent under a gum tree and suffered multiple breaks in both legs when a 400kg limb just dropped onto him in the night. Imagine that. You probably can't, which is why we don't lambast the dead. Yes they were ignorant but given the knowledge the locals have, warnings would more often be heeded. Those who are aware of the dangers and go risk it anyway are the ones who get Darwin awards. Tourists have a certain responsibility to themselves, or at the very least to their kids, to get the good oil wherever they go. Most don't. There'll probly be a study out soon on the alarming rise of the selfie death. The Grim Reaper must've rubbed his hands together the day the 'smart' phone went on sale for the first time.

The first video in that article is not for the easily discombobulated.

Did you notice that the video is of a British incident? It happened in Cornwall, not Iceland. Surprised me!

We saw people wave-dodging and posing for photos right beside the waves. I'll look for a photo.

This photo was taken there by Escette. You can see the interesting black volcanic sand and the idiots pratting about on the shoreline.

Attachments

• IMG-20180204-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180204-WA0001.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 23
I would hope that I could manage to understand guide instructions or warning signs but I can kind of understand what the problem is here as those are some seriously hardcore waves.

"Stay far away from the waves"
"Okay I will admire them from a distance"
*stands like, really far away*
WhoooooOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:Givingup:

Did you notice that the video is of a British incident? It happened in Cornwall, not Iceland. Surprised me!

We saw people wave-dodging and posing for photos right beside the waves. I'll look for a photo.

No, I didn't. I've been misled by the internet. Something should be done!

I would hope that I could manage to understand guide instructions or warning signs but I can kind of understand what the problem is here as those are some seriously hardcore waves.

"Stay far away from the waves"
"Okay I will admire them from a distance"
*stands like, really far away*
WhoooooOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:Givingup:

There are huge warning signs on the dangerous beaches, specifically showing the hazard of the 'sneaker waves'. Our guide pointed out in a humorous Icelandic fashion that this was yet another beautiful place where we may die.

Others include waterfalls, glaciers, slippery hills and the road 'when the wind decides to blow us over'. It's like a colder Australia.

The general consensus that has emerged here over the last few years is that we don't mock the appearance of non-public figures and generally restrain from mocking even the more public ones until they say something really bloody stupid.

Your post seems below the belt to me, but this is no 'safe-place' and it's your call.

The general consensus that has emerged here over the last few years is that we don't mock the appearance of non-public figures and generally restrain from mocking even the more public ones until they say something really bloody stupid.

Your post seems below the belt to me, but this is no 'safe-place' and it's your call.

I defer to your judgment. Post deleted.

maximus otter

Back