• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

R.I.P. Derek Acorah

I met a couple of people who knew Mr Acorah well before his tv stardom, and both said he was a genuinely nice chap, who did have psychic abilities. They both said that his tv persona did not reflect his real personality or his real abilities. Whatever you may have thought of him, he was probably no less genuine than all the "reality" "stars" that have ever been on the tellybox. I enjoyed his performances when he first started appearing, whether faked or not. It was the antics of the other members of the casts of these shows which stopped me watching latterly. RIP Derek- you went well before your time.
Given some of the really appalling people out there on the medium circuit he seemed pretty likable. I saw a bit of a show once where he spoke to peoples pets. A woman brought a cat on and when she put it down it immediately ran to him and hid down the side of his leg. I was quite struck by that.

RIP anyway, whatever the truth of his abilities.

What do you call a fat psychic?
renderTimingPixel.png

A four-chin teller!

I wish I could remember which forum I saw this on, but years back, was on a thread somewhere and probably was after the Kreed Kafer thing - and people were dissing Degsy. And someone said they'd bumped into him IRL (can't recall if it was before he was on Most Haunted) and he said something they felt was deeply psychic - that he couldn't possibly have known. The TV persona was hiding the real Degsy.

I've often wondered what the pressure is like on people with genuine psychic ability (if they exist), to make them fake some things - a bit like the Enfield Poltergeist girls faked some incidents to get attention/help/to be taken seriously. Trouble is, then anything genuine is disregarded and discredited.

Sam had such a good command of English. I hope they're together now.

For all his used car salesman charms, I always thought the viewing figures of MH probably took a nosedive after our hero left the show. It was never as compelling - even if he just made you laugh - he was good TV in a way none of his successors managed to be.

wonder if he saw his own death coming?

he was the worst part of most haunted or as i called it least haunted.

wonder if he saw his own death coming?

he was the worst part of most haunted or as i called it least haunted.

If so, he'd've monetised the experience! ;)

The late medium Colin Fry had time to discuss his forthcoming demise from lung cancer and in what might be his last media interview, he stated that he had no fear of death -
Colin Fry talks about death

Another famous medium, Doris Stokes, reckoned her final illness was God's way of collecting His final payment after previously retrieving various of her body parts through cancer.

Most people who know they're dying are able to come to terms with it. A beautiful thing to see. I don't want to see it again though.

I recall news of her sending a message very shortly after she died. Can't remember who received it, or even what it said, but it was reported SOMEWHERE...

The guy who wrote the book exposing her, pointed out that her death before publication almost suggested that she had powers......

I recall news of her sending a message very shortly after she died. Can't remember who received it, or even what it said, but it was reported SOMEWHERE...

The Famous Medium Doris Stokes Makes a Comeback

The famous medium Doris Stokes makes a comeback from beyond the grave.
Story of how Doris Stokes spoke to a medium on TV. You can also read the story of how Doris spoke to us through a medium in Brighton here. This article reports on my experiences with Ellen Jameson who was a friend of the medium Doris Stokes and had a message from her on live TV.

Back