• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

That is definitely a man in a spacesuit hanging out of the door of his invisible spaceship. He’s giving us a thumb’s up.
I believe your right - but is it man? Or is it dummy with some sort of rig on it's back?

Rapidly moving cylinder spotted over New York's LaGuardia Airport.
A drone seems the most likely explanation, but the apparent extreme velocity does appear anomalous:

View attachment 75953

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...fo-drone-new-york-city-laguardia-airport.html
Looking at this a bit closer - notice the brighter (light reflecting) spot on it's corner edge!
I believe I've come across this shape before - years ago, and it's more representative of this shape. . .

1714070388238.png

UFO reported over NYC as plane passenger captures 'flying cylinder' on video

A woman claims she saw a UFO while flying above New York City last month.

Michelle Reyes posted the surprising finding on Facebook, hoping that one of her friends would help her identify it.

UFO-179258.avif

In the video, Reyes' plane is flying over the city after taking off from LaGuardia Airport in Queens when a black object appears to zoom by faster than the plane itself.

Ben Hansen, host of Discovery's UFO Witness, chimed in to back up the veracity of Reyes' video.

"I found no evidence that she faked this or hoaxed it," he said, adding that the speed at which it moved was astounding.

"It passes at a seventh of a second and is present in five frames of the video," he said.

https://www.the-express.com/news/science/135582/UFO-New-York-City-sighting-cylinder-flying

maximus otter

UFO reported over NYC as plane passenger captures 'flying cylinder' on video

A woman claims she saw a UFO while flying above New York City last month.

Michelle Reyes posted the surprising finding on Facebook, hoping that one of her friends would help her identify it.

UFO-179258.avif

In the video, Reyes' plane is flying over the city after taking off from LaGuardia Airport in Queens when a black object appears to zoom by faster than the plane itself.

Ben Hansen, host of Discovery's UFO Witness, chimed in to back up the veracity of Reyes' video.

"I found no evidence that she faked this or hoaxed it," he said, adding that the speed at which it moved was astounding.

"It passes at a seventh of a second and is present in five frames of the video," he said.

https://www.the-express.com/news/science/135582/UFO-New-York-City-sighting-cylinder-flying

maximus otter
It is a lot better than the usual guff that appears in the Express. I know there are folk out there who will be able to pill up all the flight data etc and check for other aircraft in the vicinity. What does strike me is that is how a stationary object would look if you passed it at 200mph (the speed of the plane) so you can't rule out a large bird

I'd guess it is a stationary solar balloon too. Nice sunny day to fly one.

The apparent movement of the object is almost certainly due to the movement of the plane, not its own movement; the balloon will have been drifting with the wind.

Mick West has used the speed of the airplane and the size of the object on film to calculate an apparent diameter, assuming that the object is floating in mid-air like a balloon. He concludes that the object is about 2.7 feet long; consistent with a 'letter or number' celebratory balloon.

Here's a picture by member Kenny Biddle showing a letter L at the same distance.
snapshot_75-jpg.67919

Mick West has used the speed of the airplane and the size of the object on film to calculate an apparent diameter, assuming that the object is floating in mid-air like a balloon. He concludes that the object is about 2.7 feet long; consistent with a 'letter or number' celebratory balloon.

Here's a picture by member Kenny Biddle showing a letter L at the same distance.
snapshot_75-jpg.67919
Letter L? Where?

That black shape in the photo is an inflated letter L seen from the side. You can just about see the highlight on the end of the short arm facing directly towards the camera.
Here is the photo taken by Biddle compared with the same balloon taken before launch.

l.png

That black shape in the photo is an inflated letter L seen from the side. You can just about see the highlight on the end of the short arm facing directly towards the camera.
Here is the photo taken by Biddle compared with the same balloon taken before launch.

View attachment 76021
That's very convincing. . . guess that clears that one up then! :bthumbup:

Not really sure where else to put this but I note from Kevin Randle's website that the well-known ufologist and former US Navy optical physicist Bruce Maccabee has passed away:

https://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2024/05/dr-bruce-maccabee-passes-at-82.html?m=1

I recall he appeared on the BBC Horizon documentary that was one of my first introductions to the phenomenon back in the early 1980s.

His website, which featured some very in depth, generally pro-UFO analyses of things like the Kaikoura Lights, Tehran 1976, JAL1628 etc, has been offline for some years but much of it can still be accessed via archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160130023454/http://brumac.8k.com/

Last edited:
I'm am not sure where they got all their data and if it is Anglocentric because of a failure to source UFO accounts from elsewhere, but this most interesting:

That is distorted data, since it mostly uses English-language accounts. There are plenty of UFO accounts in French, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Indian and even Chinese languages not included.

But even when those languages are included, I believe the US and UK do come out ahead.

UFO sightings over Brazil, Argentina and Chile leave experts baffled

Strange luminous 'rods' have been caught on camera in the skies over several South American countries in the past month.

The long white and blue objects appeared to slowly float across the sky in videos filmed by residents of Argentina, Chile and Brazil.

85259261-13452711-Videos_filmed_by_residents_in_Argentina_Chile_and_Brazil_show_UF-a-31_1716497874262.jpg

One stunning example was filmed on April 29 by UFO researcher and engineer Rony Vernet on cameras he set up to monitor the southeastern night sky near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

An apparent cylindrical object glides into the frame at 5.01am, heading northeast and gradually moving out of sight over about 80 seconds.

On May 6 a witness in Argentina filming with their phone captured a similar-looking white object moving slowly through the sky above their house.

The same day, at 7.14pm in Vina del Mar, Chile, a third witness videoed another incident, though this time the cylinder appeared blue.

Another video obtained by Vernet came from a Chilean witness in Luján de Cuyo the same evening.

On May 8, residents of a Brazilian town near the border with Uruguay filmed one that appeared to change color from white to blue and yellow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...il-Argentina-Chile-leave-experts-baffled.html

maximus otter

UFO sightings over Brazil, Argentina and Chile leave experts baffled

Strange luminous 'rods' have been caught on camera in the skies over several South American countries in the past month.

The long white and blue objects appeared to slowly float across the sky in videos filmed by residents of Argentina, Chile and Brazil.

85259261-13452711-Videos_filmed_by_residents_in_Argentina_Chile_and_Brazil_show_UF-a-31_1716497874262.jpg

One stunning example was filmed on April 29 by UFO researcher and engineer Rony Vernet on cameras he set up to monitor the southeastern night sky near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

An apparent cylindrical object glides into the frame at 5.01am, heading northeast and gradually moving out of sight over about 80 seconds.

On May 6 a witness in Argentina filming with their phone captured a similar-looking white object moving slowly through the sky above their house.

The same day, at 7.14pm in Vina del Mar, Chile, a third witness videoed another incident, though this time the cylinder appeared blue.

Another video obtained by Vernet came from a Chilean witness in Luján de Cuyo the same evening.

On May 8, residents of a Brazilian town near the border with Uruguay filmed one that appeared to change color from white to blue and yellow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...il-Argentina-Chile-leave-experts-baffled.html

maximus otter
Are these space rocket launches from the US?

(Translated by Google).

https://genovaquotidiana.com/2024/0...i-da-un-radioamatore-della-protezione-civile/
UFOs, SIGHTINGS AND SIGNALS INTERCEPTED BY A CIVIL PROTECTION AMATEUR RADIO
24 MAY 2024
THE AIR ASSOCIATION: «LUMINOUS SPHERE BETWEEN SAVONA AND VARAZZE. IN THE FIRST MONTHS OF 2024, THERE WAS A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN SIGHTINGS BETWEEN ALBENGA AND GENOA." THE SIGHTINGS IN OUR CITY HAVE HAPPENED BETWEEN VOLTRI AND SESTRI PONENTE, INCLUDING PEGLI
«Last week, several witnesses reported sighting multiple luminous spheres between Savona and Varazze, describing two or three spheres, with one in particular appearing to “scour” the area, moving back and forth before disappearing into thin air». They say this to the Italian Alien Research Association (A.R.I.A.), founded and chaired by the ufologist Angelo Maggioni.
The association specifies that one of the sightings could be attributed to the passage of the International Space Station (ISS), while the behavior of the third sphere, considered intelligent, is of particular interest. The videos analyzed show different speeds and sizes of the objects, but they all belong to the category of spheres.
«Another case of great importance dates back to 2018, but it was only made public now due to a mix-up in sending the information – they tell the association -. The witness described clearly seeing a flying saucer while traveling by train from Finale to Savona, spotted by Spotorno through the windows. Despite the delay in shooting, in the video an object is visible in the sky that appears to perform rotations and change orientation from horizontal to vertical. The digital analysis of the footage carried out using the software for forensic investigations, used by law enforcement agencies and courts, did not detect signs of conventional propulsion, highlighting a medium-sized spherical object, light gray in colour, probably located at about 500 meters above the ground off the Ligurian coast."

I was curious about the mention of intercepted signals, this is the mention in the article.

"In particular, the radio amateur of the Civil Protection Davide Frino has picked up a strange signal to Bric Ferrà, coinciding with UFO reports in Loano. This signal has been emailed to US SETI for further clarification and we are awaiting feedback. SETI is known worldwide for its studies of possible extraterrestrial signals."

Back