• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Men In Black

A

Anonymous

WHERE ARE THE MEN IN BLACK ?

Has anyone had an encounter, or believed to have had an experience with a MIB(man in black) ? I believed I was mentally pressured (!) by one in a MacDonalds about ten years ago. This guy sat there with no food, immaculately dressed in a black suit and tie, white shirt and was over fifty, wide eyes and pushed back grey hair. My friend sensed him despite having his back to him. At the time I had recently seen a UFO!!! Although this guy could have been anyone, he just didn't seem right and usually people aren't allowed to sit in such a place without orderig anything. He just stared at me!

He could have been an accountant, Neil!
:)

Carole

Re: WHERE ARE THE MEN IN BLACK ?

NEIL said:
Has anyone had an encounter, or believed to have had an experience with a MIB(man in black) ? I believed I was mentally pressured (!) by one in a MacDonalds about ten years ago. This guy sat there with no food, immaculately dressed in a black suit and tie, white shirt and was over fifty, wide eyes and pushed back grey hair.
Anybody in the UK who is male, middle-aged and over and who goes out dressed immaculately in a black suit & tie & white shirt is either going to or just coming from a funeral. My guess is that this bloke was coming back from one, maybe having had a few drinks at the wake, and was just having a rest and remembering whoever had just been buried. People can do funny things when they're grieving and/or drunk.

Have you described your UFO encounter before on this board? If not, it'd be interesting to hear it.

Did he appear to be with anyone else (they could have been ordering the food)? Did he actually stare at you constantly the whole time that you were there, and until you left? In what way did your friend sense him?

I'm not at all dismissing your experience, but if you hadn't just seen a UFO, do you think you would still have thought this guy was acting strange?

Actually, come to think of, this is the Where are the men in black thread so I'll ask the question, Where are the men in black?

When was the last sighting or visitation by one of the dark blokies? I have read many, many accounts of people being visited by the men in black, but most of them seem to be pre-1980.

Does anyone have any modern ie.1990's onwards, accounts of these guys?

Are the MIB international, or is it mainly an American phenomenon?

Carole

I felt as though the guys eyes were staring through my skull! Yeah, he could have been anyone so I am not jumping to any conclusion that I definitely encountered a MIB, but my friend felt his presence. He stared for about ten minutes, no-one else joined him...he just didn't seem right. I realise this doesn't fully explain the guy or the feeling...I just wanted to know if anyone else had had encounters. These guys seem to have faded away in recent years.
I still think if I hadn't seen my UFO that he would still have freaked me out. The oppressive nature of his stare caused myself and two friends to leave the area. He looked like the weird guy out of POLTERGEIST 2.

Could you describe your UFO experience, Neil?

Mostly, MIBs seem to visit people and issue some kind of 'warning', so your encounter is quite different. I wonder if anything similar has been reported elsewhere. Did it feel as thought you were being 'threatened'?

Carole - As far as I'm aware, they've been reported in most countries, probably with slight local variations.

UFO experience

My experience was with a friend (who was the friend who felt the presence of the so-called MIB), and it occurred in Kent and I was about 17-18 years old. It was October, the end and we were visiting shops one evening when we saw a yellow orb in the sky. i thought it was a firework that had risen and was about to explode. however, this thing moved towards us and then we stopped to watch it. It then came over us...the yellow 'blob' or 'orb' had gone and now a ring of yellow lights were above us, quite a way up in the sky. A guy walking his dog saw the thing but walked on.
The thing floated silently and went off into the distance but rather strangely, when we were watching the object everything fell silent. We watched it for what seemed like minutes. I thought it was some unknown miltary craft and believe the yellow orb was a light on top that would be obscured once it came over us.
The MIB experience came a few months after I think but it was about ten years ago.
Yes, the guy I saw seemed very threatening on a mental level. I have bumped into some very weird people in London which doesn't bother me but this guy caused three of us to leave the place pretty quickly. I also have another MIB experience to share which involves a relative...see next post or two.

further MIB'S

An elderly relative of mine named Joe was mentally harassed by a peculiar MIB-type character in the '80s. The previous day Joe and his daughters had observed a strange star-like object in the sky near the local Rochester Airport. Joe wanted to report the incident to the local paper and so the next day decided to phone them from a call-box near local shops. Once inside the phone-box Joe noticed a man outside in a dark suit, tie and light shirt. he had hair swept back. The man menacingly stared into the phone-box as Joe made the call. Thinking the man simply wanted to use the phone Joe gestured that he wouldn't be too long but the man continued his staring. Joe spoke to a reporter but was met by a lot of giggling on the line. The man was still outside.
Joe had to get more change for the phone so said to the paper he would ring back. He came outside the phone-box and said to the man that the phone was now free. The man still stared menacingly at Joe and made no attempt to use the phone. Joe got his change and returned to the phone where the man still stood. He rang the paper who then denied he had rang before so Joe said he would get a bus down to the local town and go into the newspaper offices. When he came out of the phone-box the man had vanished. Joe then stepped on a bus but all of a sudden was consumed with a shocking headache. He thought about turning back as he was almost sick but continued. When he reached the newspaper offices the headache completely faded. Joe went into the offices and mentioned his sighting but no-one there remembered talking to him! He reported the sighting but it never went into the paper. Talk about a waste of time.
Again, the suited man could have been anyone, but the local shops are on a rough estate where such characters are rare. Also, the menacing stare and mental pressure seems weird.

Interesting stuff. Were you thinking about reporting the UFO you saw at the time?

One thing about MIBs that seems odd is why they are so concerned with stopping witnesses from reporting their experiences. Surely, with the kind of reception that anyone reporting a UFO encounter recieves, they wouldn't need to bother. Like your relative, Joe, they will usually be met with derision and/or ignorance.

Fair enough, I could understand the men in black wanting to stop Albert Bender from revealing the 'truth' about UFOs, but getting stroppy about someone reporting a strange light in the sky is a little harder an idea to grasp.

I never reported the UFO I saw because I knew I had seen something unusual and didn't see the point in telling 'flying saucer groups' about such a brief sighting. I think shortly afterwards I mentioned it to FSR who said that I should send it but it may not get printed. For me UFOs are interesting but the whole matter has got a little complex and seems to be going nowhere. The MIBs seem to have faded away, abductions do not seem as dominant within the puzzle and normal sightings seem unimportant.

Re: WHERE ARE THE MEN IN BLACK ?

NEIL said:
Has anyone had an encounter, or believed to have had an experience with a MIB(man in black) ? I believed I was mentally pressured (!) by one in a MacDonalds about ten years ago. This guy sat there with no food, immaculately dressed in a black suit and tie, white shirt and was over fifty, wide eyes and pushed back grey hair. My friend sensed him despite having his back to him. At the time I had recently seen a UFO!!! Although this guy could have been anyone, he just didn't seem right and usually people aren't allowed to sit in such a place without orderig anything. He just stared at me!
So you did not heed my warning.:monster:

Does anyone have any theories on how M.I.B.'s know when a person has seen a UFO, even if they haven't told anyone? This has puzzled me for a long time. Perhaps the M.I.B.'s are linked somehow to the UFO-occupants maybe?

Re: further MIB'S

NEIL said:
An elderly relative of mine named Joe was mentally harassed by a peculiar MIB-type character in the '80s. The previous day Joe and his daughters had observed a strange star-like object in the sky near the local Rochester Airport. Joe wanted to report the incident to the local paper and so the next day decided to phone them from a call-box near local shops. Once inside the phone-box Joe noticed a man outside in a dark suit, tie and light shirt. he had hair swept back. The man menacingly stared into the phone-box as Joe made the call. Thinking the man simply wanted to use the phone Joe gestured that he wouldn't be too long but the man continued his staring. Joe spoke to a reporter but was met by a lot of giggling on the line. The man was still outside.
Joe had to get more change for the phone so said to the paper he would ring back. He came outside the phone-box and said to the man that the phone was now free. The man still stared menacingly at Joe and made no attempt to use the phone. Joe got his change and returned to the phone where the man still stood. He rang the paper who then denied he had rang before so Joe said he would get a bus down to the local town and go into the newspaper offices. When he came out of the phone-box the man had vanished. Joe then stepped on a bus but all of a sudden was consumed with a shocking headache. He thought about turning back as he was almost sick but continued. When he reached the newspaper offices the headache completely faded. Joe went into the offices and mentioned his sighting but no-one there remembered talking to him! He reported the sighting but it never went into the paper. Talk about a waste of time.
Maybe the star-like object was actually a star, or a planet. Did he or you ever try to find out by (for instance) contacting a local astronomer? Astronomers don't believe in alien spacecraft bustling around the skies, but they are always happy to answer any astronomy-relatedl question to anyone who asks.
And maybe it was a busy news day at that local paper, and everyone was too busy to talk to some daft-sounding old man who was rambling on about lights in the sky.
Without meaning to put down your old uncle, if he did mistake a star or something for a UFO, I'd wonder what else he misperceived or misinterpreted that day.

I vaguely remember seeing a black, old style American car with tail fins a couple of times in the village where I grew up during the '80s.

-Justin.:cool:

I have astronomy software on my computer, so if anyone wants to follow Annasdottir's suggestion of checking what was visible in the sky at the time of a suspected UFO sighting, just ask (on a thread, if it's of general interest, or via PM).

I'd need accurate date-time information and location (or as accurate as poss. Mid 80s would be too vague, but a date and "just before sunrise" might do. Location preferably by lat-long, but country/state might do.)

But there are modern satellites that do all kinds of things - see http://www.heavens-above.com and I'm afraid I can't keep track of all that!

rynner said:
I have astronomy software on my computer, so if anyone wants to follow Annasdottir's suggestion of checking what was visible in the sky at the time of a suspected UFO sighting, just ask (on a thread, if it's of general interest, or via PM).

I'd need accurate date-time information and location (or as accurate as poss. Mid 80s would be too vague, but a date and "just before sunrise" might do. Location preferably by lat-long, but country/state might do.)
Or they can ask me. I've also got astronomy software, and it's the first thing I pull up when I somebody says they've seen a night-time UFO.

Nahh. Almost all the buses round here are run by Stagecoach and their timetables ain't worth ****.

rynner said:

Another thing to do is check out J-TRACK. It's a real-time satellite tracking program that lets you look up what could also possibly in the sky at the time of a UFO sighting............just scroll down the list and choose J-Track 3D and a 3d model of the earth comes up and you can choose from a drop down list of what satellite you'd like to find.......you can also zoom in, zoom out and 'drag' the earth around for different views............

So-called star!

The object my uncle saw was not a star...I wasn't able to go into detail on my post because the 'UFO' was not that relevant when I was talking about the MIB experience of my relative. Basically, the 'thing' appeared as a huge star but moved over the local airport before completely disappearing. It could have been anything, and once again, I am not jumping to conlusions about the confusion at the local paper or the strange guy, but my uncle has great knowledge of astronomy but on a number of occasions, including daylight, has seen starnge objects near the airport.

Re: So-called star!

NEIL said:
The object my uncle saw was not a star...I wasn't able to go into detail on my post because the 'UFO' was not that relevant when I was talking about the MIB experience of my relative. Basically, the 'thing' appeared as a huge star but moved over the local airport before completely disappearing.

This sounds silly, but it may have been an aircraft. When an aircraft is pointing more or less directly at you at night it can appear as a *very* bright star due to the "headlights" (not the correct term, but my mind is failing me tonight...)

If the aircraft then turns, so that the lights then don't point directly towards you, then it can appear to disappear.

Another possibility may be an Iridium flare. Each satellite in the Iridium sat-phone constellation carry 3 MMAs (Main Mission Antennas). These are large, shiny, flat panels angled slightly downwards towards the earth. If you are lucky, and are in the correct position on the ground, then you can get a *very* bright specular reflection of the sun from them. (At best, they are brighter than Venus, and can even be seen during the daytime if you know when to look.) These flare events are of finite duration and the satellite pretty much disappears from view afterwards. (The normal brightness of an Iridium satellite is fairly low.)

If you want to look for these flares then try the website

http://www.heavens-above.com

They are *well* worth watching for.:)

Living right beside an airport, I can vouch for Fortis. Depending on your orientation, planes can look like the standard cigar-shaped UFOs. They can also take on very strange appearances at dusk-dark depending on which lights you can or cannot see. Air traffic control lights can also do strange things. I've seen some pretty weird stuff without even watching. A shame, though, cause a 'real' UFO would probably go unnoticed unless it was shooting lazers or beaming people up or something.

The thing that struck me was that it turned into a "ring" of lights. One thing that can do that is a tissue paper hot air balloon. Which is the sort of home made firework kids can construct.

Mind you the MIB seem to have some of the characteristics of apparitions.

Men-in black

The Men in black are currently in hiding, as they can't compete with Will Smith's dapper dress sense.

Not the film but the 'real' phenomena.........

Always a very interesting subject for me and I'd really like to hear some experiences and/or theories of the mysterious MIB!:cool:

They just showed it on TV yesterday so I resaw it. And I still don't get the ending. What is that animated bit for, someone trying to be philosophical? The human insignificance in an infinite universe populated with countless other species?

It's kinda about when the dog says (describing the galaxy) "It's small, about the size of a marble..."
That little marble contains an entire galaxy, so it's making the suggestion that our galaxy is itself in one of these little balls.

As for real MIBs, I've had a friend who claims to do occasional work for the military who says he's been followed by MIBs, but I think the emphesis here is on "claims" and "says"...

Az

Back