• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

Rate the Third Series of Most Haunted (Out of Five)

• 1/5- Rubbish - wouldn't miss The Salon for this one

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 2/5 - Poor - Fame Academy-esque

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3/5 - Not too Bad I suppose - on a par with Pop Idol at it's best

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 4/5 - Good - walks all over Corrie and East enders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5/5 - Nothing stands in its way - forget the crying baby, boiling kettle etc....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested in this tat!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
I think MH is hilarious. The first one I saw was the live one where they were going from location to location looking for Dick Turpin (30 Dec I think).

The best bit that I remember was when Derek was in a pub that was haunted by Dick Turpin's grandma called Mary. Derek was stood near the toilets and suddenly announced 'Mary loves Dick, Mary loves Dick'. Now whether he channelled this from some spirit or just read it off the toilet door remains to be seen but either way I was laughing so hard I nearly stopped breathing.

Even though it was quite good, I do think the super cool Carl getting all scaredy-pants was a bit of a set up. Sort of "If he's bricking it then it's obviously real and scarey and everything!"

Liked the fact Yvette didn't scream much.

Sounds like a classic MH set-up for "realism".

Pants-Yvetter not blubbing or screaming much? Isn't convincing then ... she wets herself at a rat's fart!

I think they may have just shut her up because she makes it look so crap and she's such a wuss. I mean she shit herself at a toilet air freshner!

That was so funny - The Vectian and me were laughing for a long while after that!
:D :D :D

Surely she knows that ghosts don't have a pine fresh fragrance to them by now!

Nah ... more like a sort of fruity-yeasty whiff about the little buggers!

ScabbyDog said:
The best bit that I remember was when Derek was in a pub that was haunted by Dick Turpin's grandma called Mary. Derek was stood near the toilets and suddenly announced 'Mary loves Dick, Mary loves Dick'. Now whether he channelled this from some spirit or just read it off the toilet door remains to be seen but either way I was laughing so hard I nearly stopped breathing.

HA HA HA HA!!!!! I think I may get the sack cos I'm reading this at work and have been rendered incapasatated for 10 mins due to uncontrollable sniggering and crying....quality!!

Locations

I'm also surprised that MH have not descened on Chingle Hall in good old Lancasheeeer. Or the Treasures House in York (have they?), once reputed as the most haunted house in England....

I'm sure that if I let them know my toilet's haunted by the ghost of a man who died having a dump then they'll swoop on my house in an instant and make up a load of shit (pardon the pun) to make it look attractive on TV.

Derek: "Yes, I'm getting something... smells like poo...."

No Derek, thats just you.

"Yes, theres something in the atmosphere.....whats that Sam, its last night curry??"

I'd hate to think what would possess him in your toilet.....maybe the disgruntled spirit of a goldfish that was flushed many a year ago??

roachford said:
I'd hate to think what would possess him in your toilet.....maybe the disgruntled spirit of a goldfish that was flushed many a year ago??
It'd be interesting to see him communicate as a fish - lots of arm flapping, perchance? I guess he'd also exhibit the memory cycle of a goldfish that lasts just mere seconds. He'd be buggered for remembering his lines then.

Ah! You haven't read this month's FT where the Goldfish memory duration is debunked!

If Derek can get information from Alien spirits (haha), then why not animals? :hmph:

DPL said:
Ah! You haven't read this month's FT where the Goldfish memory duration is debunked!
Bah! *rummages through pockets looking for change* Double bah!!

But........

he's not as mind numbingly, stomach churningly, brain haemorrhagingly annoying as that tosser who was on MH Live. That bald headed dude who is the psychic artist. He should be skinned alive and dipped in a barrel of salt. That'll make his bloody hands burn. W**ker.

The other bald bloke was equally as funny. But less of a twat.

Nuthin' like a balanced, well argued criticism of a psychic medium.
:D
Still, I can go along with the baseline sentiment to a certain extent.

You'd be surprised at the number of loos that are haunted. In The Bow Bells public house in East London, the ladies loos are haunted by a ghost that likes to knock on doors, nudge occupants and - on occasion - pinch their bums! However, the Vectian has used them on several occasions and failed to tell me of any incident. Well ... she hasn't told me about them anyhow!;)

Ghosts like toilets. Most hospital bogs have spooky stories told about'em.

There are loads of ghost/loo tales on here.
a mate of mine, as a patient, was shown a ward bog just before and after it locked itself! :eek:

The Red Cow in Nantwich has a famous ladies' toilet ghost.

Pretty Good!!

And as Vetter was crapping herself at that point, the haunted loo theory is 110% proved to be correct!!

Top sleuthing type work DPL!!

escargot said:
Ghosts like toilets. Most hospital bogs have spooky stories told about'em.

I cant see an episode of MH4 coming from a hospital loo. Can you imagine Degsy getting one of his possessions in there :eek!!!!:

Perhaps the Next MH Live if we are lucky.

Re: MH 5

roachford said:
Hmmmmm, The whole knocking in response to Richard talking was interesting. I got to thinking that they should revisit some of the places they have already been in an attempt to 'verify' what happened when they were there.

I have a pet theory about this - I can't think of a precise example but think of the that episode of Friends where Phoebe thinks her blinking is changing the TV channel.
I've had experiences where I've come really close to thinking I'm achieving PK because something seems to be happening when I mentally tell it to. But if you keep doing it, it always works out something random that you've gotten "in time" with, or there is some other explanation.
I was utterly willing to believe it was someone communicating but then I watched the repeat and found that:
a) some of the responses took more than five seconds
b) some contradicted earlier responses in a nonsensical manner
c) it was cut in such a way that it seemed like they didn't want to dwell on it as they suspected that if they focused on it any further it would become clear it was just the sound of pipes knocking and coincidence that it happened as the guy asked questions.
You'll probably find that if they'd just left a camera in the room, there would have been knocks every few seconds randomly anyway.

Oh and another thing: I think someone mentioned it before but it was really obvious in the last MH, and made me turn it off in disgust - Why is Degsy having to ask Sam how things are pronounced?? Is Sam communicating via text? And how come even after asking he still pronounces it in the way it's written?
So fecking obvious but nobody ever calls him on it. Pathetic.

the last most haunted live was quite funny as 'Sam' evidently dosn't know how to pronounce Welsh words ;)

Well, in a previous series Sam told Degsy about a Japanese chap's name and Degsy completely mis-pronounced it leaving many people to believe a) Sam couldn't speak Japanese or (the horror!) b) it had been read phoetically from a script.

I wonder which....;)

It's about time Sam came to realise that his relationship with Degsy is a purely one-sided thing. Degsy does all the asking, Sam has to provide the answers. Then Degsy gets the money, the posh car, the bling ...

Sam? Bless you ... it's time you came to realise you've a life ... er ... sort of ... too. Degsy just takes, takes, takes. It's not good for you and it's not good for him. What's that? Ah, yes. Bless you Sam. You think the time has come to go your own way, find yourself and go on a back-packing holiday to Thailand? How d'you pronounce that? Oh ... Surinam! Bless you Sam.

This house is clensed. My work here is done.
:madeyes:

One of our local rags had a feature on MH last week. On October 19th the Old Hall Hotel in Sandbach will be seen.

It is claimed to be quite awesomely haunted, with recordings having been made in the past of ghostly horses' hooves and a seance in which a ghost answers questions! :eek:

Any Cheshire-based Forteans who are interested could get together for a nice drink or meal there. We ought to raise a spook or two!

My son's mate went to Thailand to 'find himself' and decided he wanted a sex change!
He's now 'she'.

Erm, Sam, what's that? Does your bum look big in what?

Ram Inn

Drove past the Ram Inn, in Wotton under Edge at the weekend, a sign in the window said "Filming Most Haunted, with Derek Ankora"(sic).
Looked like it could have been an old sign, has this episode already been shown?

alfie said:
Drove past the Ram Inn, in Wotton under Edge at the weekend, a sign in the window said "Filming Most Haunted, with Derek Ankora"(sic).
Looked like it could have been an old sign, has this episode already been shown?
It must be an old sign as the program has already be made, not sure if its been shown yet, but I've seen clips. Not sure which is more scary the Ram Inn or the wotton locals :p

Back