• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Ghost? Timeslip? What Do You Think?

As some of you will know, i dont believe in ghosts, but a friend told me this a few years ago and ive just remembered it, so thought id share. In the 1970s a friend lived in a 200 year old terrace house in Gainsborough. It hadnt been modernised, even the toilet was still an outside one...
  2. R

Derek Acorah Q+A II

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29313 Locked so i cant reply, so a new thread. The end of the week has passed, but where is the article????
  3. R

Church Of Christ Psychopath & Nazi Festival Of Light

Ive been googling for these this evening, and cant find anything about them, perhaps someone can help? 1) Church Of Christ Psychopath - I read about this in a UK tabloid newspaper in the 1970s, I remember they followed "Christ the Warrior" (christ in the temple destroying...
  4. R

Ghosts Of Primitive Man

Ive had this thought, its probably going to backfire and im going to be directed to 20+ threads, but here goes. Certain kinds of ghosts seem to be commonly seen, for example Roman Soldiers, Monks & Nuns, Edwardians/Victoreans etc. But there seems to be a lack in some departments, where are...
  5. R

Chinese Women Working In The Paddy Fields Giving Birth

Heres a UL ive known for years, is it true I wonder? This is usually brought up when someone is pregnant, a comment is made "In China in the paddy fields, women work through the contractions, give birth, then continue working". Ive heard this so many times, and am guilty of repeating it too.
  6. R

desperate housewives

heres a "urban legend" i dont think has been covered so far. surprisingly this is the result of a conversation in a pub :) my friend works for a top double glazing company (the ted molt people), fitting windows etc. he has done this job for almost 20 years, and tells me in two decades he has...
  7. R

Genesis P-Orridge And Skullf*cking Skull*ucking Skullfu**ing

WARNING: Adult only subject, if your under 18 please stop reading now. About 20 years I read an interview with “Genesis P-Orridge”, lead singer of “Throbbing Gristle” (Most works long deleted now, google for band info if your interested). It was in a “fanzine” (not mainstream, one of...
  8. R

Some Bizarre Thing I Once Saw

My 15 year old son visited this weekend, he is really interested in matters fortean and was introduced to the “family ghost story” via this board. We where talking about ghosts and stuff and it jogged my memory, I HAVE had one a fortean experience in my life, here goes... My son was about 8...
  9. R

Shadow Haunted Farmhouse

My son has come to stay for a few days, he read my thread “A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting”, he then told me his own ghost story, Id just like to stress I was unaware of any of this happening, its only tonight ive found this out. I suggested he typed it up for “It Happened To Me”... When I was...
  10. R

Gullible people spoiling it for the rest of us

In my profile it says im interested in gullible people and I realy am, let me explain. We all meet them and they give genuine Fortean investigators and debaters a bad name, but they are part of matters Fortean. Here are three examples I have experianced; I had just started work after leaving...
  11. R

A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting

I was asked in another thread to commit this to text, so here goes. This still scares the S*** out of me, not because its on par with Stephen King, but because it happened to my family, in a house I knew, most people will probably read this and think “big deal”, as would I if I didnt know the...
  12. R

Events in a 1950s house

Ive just moved into a ex-council house, built on what was once a field in the 1950s. Since moving there ive never been awoken in the middle of the night by the sound of a woman crying, there is no heavy-breathing in the darkness of loft, there isnt a window-pane that no-matter how many times I...
Back