• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Marrowpod

It Happened To George: Experiences With UFOs, Haunted Houses & The Spirits

Bah. That's overly pedantic. "What happened to George" includes what happened to him on this site, and comment on that should be attached to his accounts. IMO.
  2. Marrowpod

It's also to the purpose to say, as others have, that George probably did have strange experiences, or at least thought he did. But I didn't discern anyone significantly challenging them, rather quite genuinely wanting to know more about them. Which is scarcely unreasonable, and hardly...
  3. Marrowpod

1. He stonewalled by (a) ignoring perfectly reasonable questions, and (b) often by way of opening another thread, distracting by going off on some other tangent of alleged oddities. Within threads, his claiming (with risible illiterate 'evidence' from the psychic rev.) to be carrying Jesus's DNA...
  4. Marrowpod

UnCon 2010: The Aftermath

It's worse than that. Last time I looked he had promoted himself to lieutenant colonel. I wonder what a battalion commander with the dust of Afghanistan still on his boots would think of that. Nonetheless, I thought that (a) the rest of the panel treated Nick in a most mannerly fashion...
  5. Marrowpod

FT252

Sorry about this but I seem to have been given the other identity this evening. This may be a cue for the line "Peter Mandelson denies rumour". On the other hand, think of that man who has "a touch of the night" about him, and who featured in a cartoon in The Times (of London) whispering...
  6. Marrowpod

FT252

Pietro Mercurios, gman and 47 forteans all seem to have had no problem with our articles, which is good and welcome news, and thankyou all for taking the trouble to say so. I think it was Henry James who said one should write for just one intelligent reader, so a score of 300% on his scale could...
  7. Marrowpod

FT252

Rhizome: "A continuously growing horizontal underground stem that puts out lateral shoots and adventitious roots at intervals. ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from Greek rhizoma, from rhizousthai ‘take root,’ based on rhiza ‘root.’" Rhizomatic thinking... yes, that does make sense. But if you'd...
  8. Marrowpod

FT252

Ramon he wrote: I was rather under the impression that we were addressing the objections and asking what, exactly, they consisted in, in some concrete sense. Perhaps I was mistaken. However, this must be getting dull for spectators. So. Apart from wishing to distinguish myself from Bro...
  9. Marrowpod

FT252

Ramonmercado he say: Insofar as Hoax! Part III was an academic article -- which I suppose one might call it, in that it left the fun stories of Parts I & II for a theoretical wrap-up -- it would appear from the evidence that FT was indeed the place for it. I mean, there it is, between pages...
  10. Marrowpod

FT252

But what specifically in our argument, did you find "opaque", and (presumably) therefore difficult to follow? If we have something more precise to get a handle on, we can put our heads together and try to clarify what we were getting at, for you and anyone else interested. I won't take "Not...
  11. Marrowpod

FT252

If readers who found Hoax Part III obscure or incomprehensible in parts, or even as a whole, would care to expand on specific problems they have with the article, I'm sure the authors would be glad to elucidate. There were, after all, a lot of ideas to cover in a limited space (none of them...
  12. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

Chia suggested that "It seems that you did mishear me, because I spoke with clear (or so I thought) reference to your overall opinion of crop circles, not any single example. Sorry if I wasn't actually as clear as I recall myself to have been, though." This is nit-picking really (as is what...
  13. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

Previous version deleted. Seymour Bealowe
  14. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

Unless I entirely misheard Chia's intervention -- which is not impossible, because the effect of imperfect acoustics goes both ways -- I thought she was referring specifically to the notorious Case of the Iron Filings that were found in the remains of an already harvested crop circle near...
  15. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

No, Lord Shiva bro, I wouldn't say post-modernism is a hoax, but rather a forgery or a counterfeit, with much the same effect on critical thinking in the humanities as a plethora of fake money has on a local economy. Actually it may be worse than that, as I suspect that many who designed...
  16. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

And 'sides, what do you expect when a failed roué and one not unknown to make proposals of an intimate nature in public places should chance to bump into each other in the shade of a mushroom in cyberspace? I still think it is a very fine mushroom. I think I may begin work on a major...
  17. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

Praps those who speak and don't like being stunned by the fiendish flashbulbs have all been a bit, and foolishly, recessive in not asking people nicely to put their cameras away. Or to set them up so that they don't go flash. If Etienne can do it, can't everyone? Meanwhile I sympathize...
  18. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

On lights, cameras and action: I am photophobic. Flashguns and bright point sources of light have a curious effect on me, involving (a) intense pain to me (b) a curious and irrational desire to retaliate in kind. Nervous types may be reassured that the venom is usually directed at the kit...
  19. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

Un billet doux pour Gail-Nina par Julie dans son bateau I don't know much about ghosts, although according to Patrick Huyghe they watch you -- I mean, one -- in the shower. Grubby beasts. But since some of them reportedly wear clothes, to keep warm I suppose (or is it to stop us watching them...
  20. Marrowpod

UnCon 08

From the Duke of Mendoza, Greetings. Gail-Nina, the mourning is mutual. I was well cheesed-off I had to be deprived of your wisdom. Ah well. Maybe next time. Neeow... I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread: even if no one is, there are a few points raised by various FTMB...
Back